• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Downloading music videos off Youtube ?

webmasterd

Question

Hello! (I'm new here)

I've been using the "Video copy and convert" to download music videos off Youtube. Problem is that sometimes it only downloads part of the video? Anyone know if this is a settings issue? A thing with Youtube... or possibly something my computer can't handle? If it's a short video like under 4 minutes I usually get all of it. Anything longer usually gets cut off.

Much appreciated!

Windows XP

pentium 4

1 gb ram

4 answers to this question

I have the same problem but only from time to time and haven't yet figured it out. It happens in both Internet Explorer and Firefox for me. This isn't something I use often but I'll find some time to play around with it and see if I can figure out why this happens.

Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried 6 youtube videos and 3 completed successfully and 3 did not complete. Video times ranged from 1:35 to 6:19. The shorter ones faired better but the 6:19 did complete.

After the video was over, I did not do anything in Roxio for about 1 minute as I wanted to make sure it had time to do whatever it needed to.

I'd like to try the exact youtube video you tried to see what happens. Please post the link to the video that didn't work for you and I'll see what happens on my side.

I've tried 6 youtube videos and 3 completed successfully and 3 did not complete. Video times ranged from 1:35 to 6:19. The shorter ones faired better but the 6:19 did complete.

After the video was over, I did not do anything in Roxio for about 1 minute as I wanted to make sure it had time to do whatever it needed to.

I'd like to try the exact youtube video you tried to see what happens. Please post the link to the video that didn't work for you and I'll see what happens on my side.

I have had that experience also Paul. What I finally decided was it was the timing as to when you do the download and exactly when to start the record. At least that seemed to correct my problems ? Most of my problem was not getting the first few minutes of the video and then also knowing how to get the extreme last portion of the vido as well.

Frank...