How do I run Media creator 7 at 800 by 600 NOT 1024 by 768?

fredco68

Question

18 answers to this question

How do I run EZ Media creator 7 at 800 by 600 NOT 1024 by 768? The product is useless until I solve this problem.

I just want to burn CDs ... no editing of video.

Thanks

You can't. The requirements say 1024 x 768 and try as you might, it won't work in 800 x 600.

How do I run EZ Media creator 7 at 800 by 600 NOT 1024 by 768? The product is useless until I solve this problem.

This started in version 6 why? If MS made you run there operating system in this resolution think there would be a stink? There are other burn software available that run in 800 x 600!

IN 7.5 I can run disc copier, Divx to DVD Creator, DVDinfo Pro, LP and tape assistant, Roxio Retrieve, and Sound Editor. By launching each individual program in 800 x 600, the rest 1024 x 768 pain in the @#$^&&^&%^%$#! resolution.

cdanteek

Thanks

If you have WinXP, there is built in ability to burn music CDs and data CDs.

Since you are asking about EMC 7, I assume you have WinXP.

Lynn

Maybe I'm not understanding this but what does resolution have to do with burning a cd?The box for V8 also says 1024 x 768 minimum but I can make a cd in it at 800 x 600 so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to in V7.I could understand if video work was being done.

Ok,my bad.I misspoke.I see when you try and start Creator Classic it automatically tells you you have to be in 1024 x 768 and resets.My apologies.

What I was able to do is let it reset,then switch the resolution and then burn a cd.So if your

video card will do 1024 x 768 you might try that.

I can make a cd in it at 800 x 600 so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to in V7

In what application in V8?

What application in V7.5 retail should I try this? The ones listed above are the only ones that will open in 800 x 600 resolution.

cdanteek

I opened Music Disc Creator at that res in V8.What I did in 7.5 was open Creator Classic in 1024 x 768 then change my screen resolution to 800 x 600 and was able to burn without a problem.It just won't start when the machine is in 800 x 600,it automatically reset the resoulution to 1024 x 768.I guess I kinda tricked it but it worked.I guess the only problem would be if the machine won't go to 1024 x 768 at all.

Maybe I'm not understanding this but what does resolution have to do with burning a cd?The box for V8 also says 1024 x 768 minimum but I can make a cd in it at 800 x 600 so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to in V7.I could understand if video work was being done.

<snip>

1024x768 works better with a magnifing glass if you have a 15" or smaller screen.

Lynn

Terry is correct the way he gets around the 800x 600 obsticle. When I tried it on my laptop (running 7.5) I first changed the screen to 800 x 600 and the tried to open Creator Classic. I received the screen that was suggested saying you need to run the program at 1024 x 768. After clicking O.K. the program came up O.K.

However, after the program was up and running, I changed the screen to 800 x 600 and it changed immediately but kept running. And as cdanteek suggested you have to grab the top blue program bar and move the screen around to see it all. It's not that bad I didn't think. BTW, my laptop is a 17" wide screen and you still have to move the program screen around to see it all. If one were running a 15" screen, yuou wouldn't see nearly as much as I do.

Frank...

The product is anything but useless. Good grief!

Thanks to everyone who wrote with suggestions in this thread.

I should have been more clear about the problem.

1. EZ Media 7.0 will not run in 800 by 600 mode, it just stops, displays a message that it needs 1024 by 768 and resets.

2. (GrandPaBruce) I said that the program is useless because it will not run in 800 by 600 display mode.

I am supporting some limited vision folks (Normal vision for an 85 year old) who can not see the characters on the screen at 1024 by 768 (even at 120 DPI).

Besides that, as one of the more cranky ones says "I did not have that small type on my CPM machines in 1978 ... why is the text so SMALL now? ... FIX IT." My CPM machines were the same way!

I know that text back then was fixed size and his eyes were better also! I'm 25 years younger than these folks and 1024 by 768 gives me headaches after a while.

Jim Gee

AirMobile ... Sir!

RVN: Class of Tet 1968

Jan 68 to Feb 69

Binh Dinh Province

Well fredco68, if you have some seniors that you are supporting that have a bad time seeing 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 or anything higher, you can always have then go to START--ALL PROGRAMS--ACCESSORIES--ACCESSIBILITY--MAGNIFIER and they can move the screen around with their mouse to anything and have it magnified. I know a few seniors trhat have limilted sight and they use it all the time.

Frank...

Thanks to everyone who wrote with suggestions in this thread.

I should have been more clear about the problem.

1. EZ Media 7.0 will not run in 800 by 600 mode, it just stops, displays a message that it needs 1024 by 768 and resets.

2. (GrandPaBruce) I said that the program is useless because it will not run in 800 by 600 display mode.

I am supporting some limited vision folks (Normal vision for an 85 year old) who can not see the characters on the screen at 1024 by 768 (even at 120 DPI).

Besides that, as one of the more cranky ones says "I did not have that small type on my CPM machines in 1978 ... why is the text so SMALL now? ... FIX IT." My CPM machines were the same way!

I know that text back then was fixed size and his eyes were better also! I'm 25 years younger than these folks and 1024 by 768 gives me headaches after a while.

Jim Gee

AirMobile ... Sir!

RVN: Class of Tet 1968

Jan 68 to Feb 69

Binh Dinh Province

Sorry about the eyes, Jim. Mine aren't so good either. Glad you survived Tet '68. I was down in the Mekong Delta in '70-'71, and it was pretty torn up still, from '68. I did a lot of TDY to Saigon, and the USO there still showed the signs of 2 years earlier.

I don't think it matters what screen size you are running, I think it will do the same thing when you do the work around. BUT, like Terry suggests, at least you can run in 800 x 600 mode. And for som3e people that might be O.K.

Frank...

Archived