• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

simonmason

Can't add MP4 to DVD?

Question

I have an MP4 video on my computer that I want to edit and put onto a DVD. When I try to access it in Roxio 8 it shows a red x in the file in the file browser. I can access this file in video other players on the machine. I have the latest 3ivx driver installed which I think is required to open MP4? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I have an MP4 video on my computer that I want to edit and put onto a DVD. When I try to access it in Roxio 8 it shows a red x in the file in the file browser. I can access this file in video other players on the machine. I have the latest 3ivx driver installed which I think is required to open MP4? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Would generally mean is not a supported input video format. Does it happen to any other files like mpg?

Also where did it come from.If it's a protected file then Roxio won't load it.

The manual seems to suggest that the only files EMC 8 will use are ISOs, WMVs, or DivX files [AVIs].

post-208-1267832544.jpg

I haven't managed to get anything else into either Disc Copier 8 or the 'Create or Edit DVD Project' application. I did manage to get an MP4 to preview in there, but when I tried to add it I got a notice saying it was un-editable, so hadn't been added to the project.

post-208-1267832832.jpg

I think you might be out of luck, Simon. This program probably pre-dates the popularity of MP4s - it's getting pretty old now. :(