How do I burn to an external burner?

mistermac

Question

Sorry if this has been covered before - I can't find any mention of it anywhere else.

I have a Samsung external burner, connected by USB to my G4 mac laptop. I have just installed Toast and when I try to burn, it defaults to the internal drive - which doesn't work. When I try to switch to another drive, the dialogue box asks me for the drive's address. As far as I know, it doesn't have one. It also doesn't appear on my desktop anywhere. Any clues anyone?

2 answers to this question

Toast should automatically recognize any disc-writing drive that is recognized in Apple's System Profiler. Open System Profiler to see if the drive appears in the list as one that supports writing discs. To access a drive that Toast recognizes just click on the description of the currently selected drive at the bottom of the Toast window and it automatically cycles to the next available drive. The drive also can be selected in the Recorder settings window.

Let me know if the drive is recognized as supporting disc writing in System Profiler but still not recognized by Toast.

Toast should automatically recognize any disc-writing drive that is recognized in Apple's System Profiler. Open System Profiler to see if the drive appears in the list as one that supports writing discs. To access a drive that Toast recognizes just click on the description of the currently selected drive at the bottom of the Toast window and it automatically cycles to the next available drive. The drive also can be selected in the Recorder settings window.

Let me know if the drive is recognized as supporting disc writing in System Profiler but still not recognized by Toast.

Thank you very much, I restarted my mac, found the drive in the system and Toast recognised it. Life is sweet and CDs are burning as I type.

Thanks again.