MYDVD

peacheey34

Question

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to EMC 8. I have been using EMC 6. I have been using Roxio to burn my movie DVD for several years and have not had any problems but since my upgrade I can not seem to have a smooth experience with this program.

Here is my problem and any help would be greatly appreciated!

I go into MyDVD, choose my background, import my movie (which is an avi. file), set the text, all the typical things, but when I go to review my project my movies are jumping and freezing. I build my movies in Adobe Premiere Pro and as I stated before, I have never had this problem until I upgraded. I have gone under tools, options, and rendered the hardware, grapich test. still having problems with the movie jumping and freezing. Can some one please tell me what I am doing or not doing correctly. I have even validated my project, nothing.

I know it is just something I have overlooked but I am to the point of screaming. I have used Roxio long enough to know what I see in the preview is what I'll get when I watch a burned DVD. The avi. movie plays smoothly when I watch it using, PowerDVD or Window Media Player.

Thank you for your help

Tammy

5 answers to this question

I have used Roxio long enough to know what I see in the preview is what I'll get when I watch a burned DVD.
Not necessarily true. Perhaps in older versions, but not in EMC8. You said that you ran the graphics test. Did the button stay on HARDWARE? Have you updatd your video card drivers and DirectX? Have you actually rendered the project to SEE if the final output jumped or freezes? MyDVD 8 now has an option to output to a video folder on the hard drive. Render to a folder and play it back with PowerDVD.

Not necessarily true. Perhaps in older versions, but not in EMC8. You said that you ran the graphics test. Did the button stay on HARDWARE? Have you updatd your video card drivers and DirectX? Have you actually rendered the project to SEE if the final output jumped or freezes? MyDVD 8 now has an option to output to a video folder on the hard drive. Render to a folder and play it back with PowerDVD.

I have got the latest version of Directx and have updated my video drivers. I have render to my computer (in a special file) and I am still have the same problem.

Any more suggestions? I really do appreciate your help this is driving me crazy!

Tammy

It is a P4 2.4 Ghz processor. 2GB RAM. GeForce4 128MB Video card.

I'll look into the other, possible program running in the background.

I am about to the point of pulling out my hair...LOL!

But thanks for all of your help....at least it gives me other avenues to look.

Thank you for your help......my husband and I looked closely at the programs that were running, shut down a few, and turned off our internet and the anti-virus protector. I thought what the heck, burnt a DVD anyway, and YES a perfect movie. I was able to met my deadline and get my orders out on time. I knew if anyone could help me it would be someone on this forum. Ya'll have helped me once and now again and I do greatly appreciate all of your help.

Tammy

Archived