Sign in to follow this  
nell

Easy VHS to DVD

Question

I am so frustrated with this !!! I copied VHS to MyDVD and when I clicked on burn and went through the "burn project" screen, clicked burn and I get the message, "the estimated size of the ISO image or file-set exceeds the available hard disk space. If you continue, content may be truncated. Are you sure?" When I click OK I get the burn project screen and message says Destination drive doesn't have enough space.

On MyDVD screen where I chose menu style. at the bottom it shows used space and free space which shows more than enough free space.

HELP

3 answers to this question

Some of your description confuses me. Are you using the Mac version? If so, I presume you are sending the captured video to Toast to create a DVD. How long is your captured video? Did you capture in standard quality or high quality?

Presuming the video is not enormously bigger than what fits on a DVD I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image after setting up your DVD project the way you want in Toast. Then select the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. Toast can then apply its Fit-to-DVD process when burning your single-layer DVD.

Edited by tsantee

Sure sounds like the PC Version… MyDVD is the disc authoring application and allows output to Disc, Folder set or ISO image.

The message is referring to the lack of space on nell's HDD

Whereas the space bar indicator at the bottom is the space available on the Optical Disc!

post-39730-1268138322.jpg

And that varies depending on the disc size choose, 4.7 or 8.5, and the Quality setting – HQ, SP, LP, EP or Fit to Disc.

But HDD space needs to exceed the project size by quite a bit! I got a warning like that yesterday when I tried to create an ISO with my 43 GB project on a HDD with only 48 GB free space left... I had to switch my destination and proxy files to another drive :lol: (Blu-ray project of course and it will take about 50 hours to render :( )

:angry: After a several weeks of going back and forth with Roxio trying to determine why no audio, I saw a comment that another Mac user with 10.6.2 wrote regarding the adapter being defective. I saw where another MBP user has gotten his to work though he cannot edit the file in iMovie. I have already ordered a firewire external to install Leopard to boot from rather than from my MBP, hoping that will work. But I kind of doubt it. Ill wait and try.

To trash Roxio altogether and spend another $100 for Elgato Video Capture which is rated very highly by Mac writers and magazines is what I may have to do. Will Roxio take this garbage back? I did buy it from their online store. Or will they be responsible and replace it. I already have requested that and still waiting to hear.