• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video keeps adding menus between recording?

undecided8

Question

I'm trying to figure this easy VHS to DVD thing out. NOT quite as easy as I thought it would be. This is my main problem that I need help with. It stops capturing the video after 6 titles. The problem I have home videos with several different scenes and every time it stops it thinks there's a new title and only lets me capture about 5-6 minutes on a whole dvd when I still have a lot of room left on my DVD. Any suggestions for capturing a VHS video that isn't just one complete video?

Thanks

Suzanne

3 answers to this question

I'm trying to figure this easy VHS to DVD thing out. NOT quite as easy as I thought it would be. This is my main problem that I need help with. It stops capturing the video after 6 titles. The problem I have home videos with several different scenes and every time it stops it thinks there's a new title and only lets me capture about 5-6 minutes on a whole dvd when I still have a lot of room left on my DVD. Any suggestions for capturing a VHS video that isn't just one complete video?

Thanks

Suzanne

It appears you are using the Plug&Burn feature of VHS2DVD. I don't think that is a very good method of capturing and creating a DVD since every time you have a gap on your VHS tape the capture may stop and you have another coaster. It is much better to first capture all the video to your hard drive and later use myDVD (Create DVDs) to burn the DVD.

Some users seem to be able to capture the complete VHS tape in one session while others have to do it in segments because the capture stops at gaps on the tape.

Also, I don't understand what you mean by "Video keeps adding menus between recording".

Edited by myguggi

Yes the Plug & Burn is not going to cut it! It allows stopping and starting and it adds a new 'Title' at each start. But most Menus are limited to 6 titles…

You will have to use Capture, even if it means multiple files and then combine them as you desire in VideoWave (Edit Video) then add those VW Projects into MyDVD (Create DVDs).

Chapters & Scenes are very confusing to the Video Newbee so a coupel of old posts may help – Here and Here

Yes the Plug & Burn is not going to cut it! It allows stopping and starting and it adds a new 'Title' at each start. But most Menus are limited to 6 titles…

You will have to use Capture, even if it means multiple files and then combine them as you desire in VideoWave (Edit Video) then add those VW Projects into MyDVD (Create DVDs).

Chapters & Scenes are very confusing to the Video Newbee so a coupel of old posts may help – Here and Here

Thank you SO much Jim!

I did exactly what you said and I'm already burning my first DVD! I'm wondering why doesn't it say to do this in the directions of the VHS2DVD instructions? They could have made it a little easier for the beginner. lol I wasn't even aware that I could put my VHS on the hard drive. I'm waiting and hoping that my 1st DVD burns and turns out. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Suzanne