Easy LP to MP3

ang46

Question

Tried everything. Changed sound options. Using MS XP - following directions of booklet. Recording one song and cannot hear it. It opens in iTunes and runs and everything. It opens in MS Media and runs, but cannot hear the song. All sound devices have been checked.

5 answers to this question

Tried everything. Changed sound options. Using MS XP - following directions of booklet. Recording one song and cannot hear it. It opens in iTunes and runs and everything. It opens in MS Media and runs, but cannot hear the song. All sound devices have been checked.

Tell us how you have got your audio source hooked up to you computer.

Try to give as much detail as you can.

Have red/white cables going from PLAY Output cassette player to Tape IN amplifier/receiver.

Have 15 foot RCA cable running from REC Input to Roxio Audio Capture USB (red/white to red/white)

Have USB cord running from audio capture box to computer's USB port.

Have stereo speakers connected to amplifier/receiver and can hear the music as it is recording via Roxio.

Tell us how you have got your audio source hooked up to you computer.

Try to give as much detail as you can.

Have red/white cables going from PLAY Output cassette player to Tape IN amplifier/receiver.

Have 15 foot RCA cable running from REC Input to Roxio Audio Capture USB (red/white to red/white)

Have USB cord running from audio capture box to computer's USB port.

Have stereo speakers connected to amplifier/receiver and can hear the music as it is recording via Roxio.

Whoa.......Lets double check here

You say you are going from the Play OUTPUT of the cassettes player to the Tape IN on your Amp/Receiver (so far so good)..... now it gets whacky ..... "Have 15 foot RCA cable running from REC Input to Roxio Audio Capture USB".

You have to go from the OUT of your Amp/Receiver to the IN on the Roxio USB. (you cant go from a IN jack to a IN jack).

Please confirm, and get back to us.

Whoa.......Lets double check here

You say you are going from the Play OUTPUT of the cassettes player to the Tape IN on your Amp/Receiver (so far so good)..... now it gets whacky ..... "Have 15 foot RCA cable running from REC Input to Roxio Audio Capture USB".

You have to go from the OUT of your Amp/Receiver to the IN on the Roxio USB. (you cant go from a IN jack to a IN jack).

Please confirm, and get back to us.

Ok. So now I've changed my 15 foot rca cable from my cassette IN to my Amp Out. I can still hear the music playing from my amp speakers, but after trying to record with the Roxio software, I still cannot get sound when I play the music either out of my iTunes or from my MS music media. I've tried unplugging the connection from the computer while running my song out of iTunes, I get an MS error sound, so I know my computer speakers are working, but I don't get my recorded music coming through.

Ok. So now I've changed my 15 foot rca cable from my cassette IN to my Amp Out. I can still hear the music playing from my amp speakers, but after trying to record with the Roxio software, I still cannot get sound when I play the music either out of my iTunes or from my MS music media. I've tried unplugging the connection from the computer while running my song out of iTunes, I get an MS error sound, so I know my computer speakers are working, but I don't get my recorded music coming through.

This gets worse....now you have the the Cassette IN going to a Amp OUT.

I will send you a Private Message (PM)

post-68-1268086372.png

just click on reply to get back to me.