No sound on DVD Playback in DVD player?

undecided8

Question

I thought I had it all figured out, until I got my 1st dvd burnt and it played back just fine in my computer. But, when I put it in the DVD player it plays back but with NO sound. There is sound when you first put in the DVD player at the menu part. But, when you press play and watch the DVD there is NO sound at all. HELP!

Thanks!

Sue

10 answers to this question

Yes,

The sound is just fine when I play in back in the computer.

Thanks!

If the sound is fine when playing the DVD on your computer it seems that was nothing wrong in creating the DVD. The problem may be incompatibility between the DVD media (manufacturer) and your DVD player. What make of DVDs are you using?

If the sound is fine when playing the DVD on your computer it seems that was nothing wrong in creating the DVD. The problem may be incompatibility between the DVD media (manufacturer) and your DVD player. What make of DVDs are you using?

I am using "gigaware" dvd disc. They are a radioshack brand. When I contacted Roxio they told me NOT to use Memorex, compatibility issues and to use the DVD-. I was previously using the DVD+. Neither one of these are working for me as far as having the sound on my dvd playback in the dvd player. I've tried the dvd in 3 different players and still NO sound. But, It plays fine with sound in my computer? Makes no sense to me as at all. I'm VERY disappointed in this product. It's definitely NOT as easy as they made it sound. LOL

Thanks Suzanne

I am using "gigaware" dvd disc. They are a radioshack brand. When I contacted Roxio they told me NOT to use Memorex, compatibility issues and to use the DVD-. I was previously using the DVD+. Neither one of these are working for me as far as having the sound on my dvd playback in the dvd player. I've tried the dvd in 3 different players and still NO sound. But, It plays fine with sound in my computer? Makes no sense to me as at all. I'm VERY disappointed in this product. It's definitely NOT as easy as they made it sound. LOL

Thanks Suzanne

You are using junk DVDs, use some quality discs such as Verbatim.

If the DVD plays properly on your computer then there is nothing wrong with the program and it did its job correctly.

Could you explain exactly what you did to create the DVD? How long in time is the video?

Thanks Suzanne

Have you tried checking your DVD player audio settings?

You are using junk DVDs, use some quality discs such as Verbatim.

If the DVD plays properly on your computer then there is nothing wrong with the program and it did its job correctly.

Could you explain exactly what you did to create the DVD? How long in time is the video?

Video is about an hour long. I didn't use the plug and burn. I think it was the capture video feature. I've used these videos MANY times to burn videos and they've always worked just fine in my dvd player just NOT with this product. Can you suggest which exactly dvd I need for this particular product? I didn't realize I needed to use a particular brand of DVD. Roxio told me NOT to use memorex because there's a compatibility issue? Thank you so much for your help. I will try using the verbatim dvd's like you suggested. I have used the "gigaware" dvd's on my other Roxio programs to just burn a movie and it turned out fine on my dvd player so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with this program. Thanks!

Suzanne

Video is about an hour long. I didn't use the plug and burn. I think it was the capture video feature. I've used these videos MANY times to burn videos and they've always worked just fine in my dvd player just NOT with this product. Can you suggest which exactly dvd I need for this particular product? I didn't realize I needed to use a particular brand of DVD. Roxio told me NOT to use memorex because there's a compatibility issue? Thank you so much for your help. I will try using the verbatim dvd's like you suggested. I have used the "gigaware" dvd's on my other Roxio programs to just burn a movie and it turned out fine on my dvd player so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with this program. Thanks!

Suzanne

I would look into firenhancer's suggestion..

Have you tried checking your DVD player audio settings?

I seriously doubt the DVD's are a problem if you have video on them and it plays fine!

Could someone of muted the sound from the DVD settop player?

What brand and model numbers are the players that won't play the disc with audio?

cd

Go here http://gspot.headbands.com/v26x/index.htm and download the FREE GSpot codec utility ' Identifies 719 Video and 245 Audio compression formats.'

I've used version v2.70a - 22 Feb 2007 - Current Version in XP, Vista, and Windows 7, with no problem.

Download the 270a zip file to a folder you make on your desktop. Use (winzip winrar) and unzip it in the folder, then just click the GSpot application .exe to run it..

Take the DVD that you say doesn't have audio, place it in a DVD drive on the PC. Click the button by the top arrow and navigate to it and open the video_ts folder and select a vob, click open. Look close at the red arrows and tell us where yours are different, if they are different?

post-97-1268594874.jpg

cd