Web Video Capture

joe925c

Question

2 answers to this question

This won't be helpful to you but I've run into the same problem occasionally. It's been hit or miss with me. I've found some success with just leaving things alone for awhile after the video I'm capturing has stopped. It doesn't seem to work all the time and on certain files, never but instances have been less when I do this.

Try doing nothing for a while after the video ends and see what happens. I'd like to try the same video you are if you don't mind posting the link here or in a private message to me. Then I can share what happens when I try it.

Not that I think it matters but please let me know what operating system you are running.

Paul,

I found the "delay" yesterday. Basically, I found that before you do anything on the captured file(s), close the "Roxio Video Copy and Convert" window then re-activate it. So far that does show the video clip at correct length. I would suggest that before you do anything with a newly captured clip (e.g., copy the flv file or use that file to convert to another format), check it out on a player first to make sure you really have the full-length of the clip. Here are three problems I have run into: (1) the captured clip is not full-length; (2) the captured file when played is shown in the player at being at full length but is not; (3) the captured flv file is not recognized as valid by other convert applications. Number one has already been presented. For number two, you play the flv file. The timeline bar is full length and the full length time is shown correctly. Looks good? Well the timeline marker only moves properly less than full length. It cannot pass some intermediate point. For three, I tried to load several newly generated, full length clip flv files into the Adobe Media Converter application. Some, not all, flv files produced an import error "file not valid format". They did play properly on the Adobe Flash player. Of interest, is that an Internet clip can be captured without playing the audio as it is being downloaded. I am borderline on being able to play an Internet video while it is being downloaded due to my download speed. It plays haltingly; thus, is not listenable. That is why I would not activate the player and listen to it later.