• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

AVCHD spanned archive isn't recognized by NEL

cseeman

Question

Mac OS 10.6.2

Toast 10.0.6

Final Cut Pro 7.0.1

iMovie 09

While all my single disk AVCHD archives are recognized by Log & Transfer in Final Cut Pro, spanned archive disc is not. I tested in iMovie as well and it also doesn't recognize it.

I was under the impression that each disc in the archive would be seen as a separate source so I have no idea why this isn't working. As a result I have not idea how to trouble shoot this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

So far Roxio tech support has a hard time understanding the issue or they don't know their own product.

On page 117 of the Toast 10 User Guide:

In addition to spanning your video across multiple DVD or Blu-ray discs, each of the discs created can be used as an AVCHD video source in applications such as Toast, and iMovie. These applications will treat each disc as if it was an AVCHD camcorder.

The discs are not recognized in iMovie 09 or Final Cut Pro 7.0.1

Mac OS 10.6.2

Toast 10.0.6

Final Cut Pro 7.0.1

iMovie 09

While all my single disk AVCHD archives are recognized by Log & Transfer in Final Cut Pro, spanned archive disc is not. I tested in iMovie as well and it also doesn't recognize it.

I was under the impression that each disc in the archive would be seen as a separate source so I have no idea why this isn't working. As a result I have not idea how to trouble shoot this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i also experience that issue but the only resolution on that problem is to convert the m2ts video file to a .DV , Mpeg 4 or .mov file because that is the only format which supported by iMovie or you may use the iMovie to archive the videos on your camera by using the option File > Import > Camera Archive....hope it will helps you to resolve the problem....thanks

Edited by robinson_galera

Single discs with proper BDMV folder structure are imported and converted by iMovie to AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec).

Spanned discs apparently to NOT have proper BDMV are not imported to iMovie.

In other words, iMovie itself does the conversion on import.

Single AVCHD Archive discs are also m2ts and are certainly imported and converted by iMovie.

It's only spanned discs that do not import. It is because the BDMV folder structure metadata is malformed (I believe) when the disc is spanned.

i also experience that issue but the only resolution on that problem is to convert the m2ts video file to a .DV , Mpeg 4 or .mov file because that is the only format which supported by iMovie or you may use the iMovie to archive the videos on your camera by using the option File > Import > Camera Archive....hope it will helps you to resolve the problem....thanks