• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hardware vs Software Rendering

rjg

Question

Think I know what rendering with software means...similar to compiling computer code. Takes all the bits and pieces and melds into one continuous functional file. Am I correct? If so, what is hardware rendering and how is it accomplished? Using what?

4 answers to this question

Think I know what rendering with software means...similar to compiling computer code. Takes all the bits and pieces and melds into one continuous functional file. Am I correct? If so, what is hardware rendering and how is it accomplished? Using what?

It uses your video card chip to perform the "calculations" required to make the video file compatible with burning to the various formats. To be effective, you need a good fast video card with lots of onboard memory and updated drivers. With the right card, you can render up to 5 times faster than with software render (very important for hogh definition). You also have access to all the 3D transitions that you can't use with software render.

Software render is just that; it uses the software to take over the "calculations" With a moderate video card or video chip, the render is 50/50 on which one is faster and does a better job.

What video card do you have? Many laptops have a video chip or inefficient video card. For the most part, you would use software render with those computers.

It uses your video card chip to perform the "calculations" required to make the video file compatible with burning to the various formats. To be effective, you need a good fast video card with lots of onboard memory and updated drivers. With the right card, you can render up to 5 times faster than with software render (very important for hogh definition). You also have access to all the 3D transitions that you can't use with software render.

Software render is just that; it uses the software to take over the "calculations" With a moderate video card or video chip, the render is 50/50 on which one is faster and does a better job.

What video card do you have? Many laptops have a video chip or inefficient video card. For the most part, you would use software render with those computers.

Great Answer! Now, I feel like I know all about it! Ha! A whole lot more at least. I do have Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 with 1.75 RAM so it is so-so, I guess,, but I am not very knowledgable about graphic cards. e9290f HP computer intel i-7 920 I think with 9GB.

Nothing wrong with that. Open Video Wave and go to the top menu, select tools, options and run the encoding test. If you card is good enought you will get a dot near hardware. For most of the people, that is good enough.

Nothing wrong with that. Open Video Wave and go to the top menu, select tools, options and run the encoding test. If you card is good enought you will get a dot near hardware. For most of the people, that is good enough.

Did that and it changed selection from my earlier choice of software back to the original default of hardware. It must think hardware is best based on its test. Thank you for your help!