• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Install

olesoldier

Question

I have a HP Media Center pc, running win pc. I just bought VHS TO dvd SOFTWARE. tHE box says windows vista windows xp. I guess it visually installs ok. The monitor says install complete. It puts a shortcut on the desktop. When i press it it says Roxio has detected and error and must close. If I look at windows explorer the program is listed there, but if I look at windows remove it is not listed. I have tried everything pn this forum. Do you have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

I have a HP Media Center pc, running win pc. I just bought VHS TO dvd SOFTWARE. tHE box says windows vista windows xp. I guess it visually installs ok. The monitor says install complete. It puts a shortcut on the desktop. When i press it it says Roxio has detected and error and must close. If I look at windows explorer the program is listed there, but if I look at windows remove it is not listed. I have tried everything pn this forum. Do you have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

What O/S do you have....."running win pc" does not tell us much.

Sorry xp thanks for responding

Were getting there..... you said in your 1st post you "tried everything in this forum".

It's best if you tell us the "everything" you have tried so we don't repeat anything.

I have tried a clean install a couple of times. I have tried different users, I am the only user. When I try to install it does not place an icon on my desktop. The only place it shows up is in windows explorer.

When you used the clean install did you follow every step one by one.....you did not skip or add anything....and of course you had you antivrus shut off (not diabled) and had nothing else running when you reinstalled.

I have tried a clean install a couple of times. I have tried different users, I am the only user. When I try to install it does not place an icon on my desktop. The only place it shows up is in windows explorer.

Try using Revo Uninstaller and then attempt another install.

I ran Revo, did a hard boot, then ran a clean install as per the instructions. The setup process ran as it should, at the end the large red icon said instalation was complete. Then a small box in the middle of the screen said Wait until and that was all I could read because it flashed on and off very fast. I did a restart and still didn't have a desktop icon, or a listing in my programs. I ran a search and windows didn't find any reference to a roxio vhs to dvd file. This is shooting in the dark but I have Roxio easy cd and dvd burning program installed on my computer, could this be causing a problem? Thanks

I ran Revo, did a hard boot, then ran a clean install as per the instructions. The setup process ran as it should, at the end the large red icon said instalation was complete. Then a small box in the middle of the screen said Wait until and that was all I could read because it flashed on and off very fast. I did a restart and still didn't have a desktop icon, or a listing in my programs. I ran a search and windows didn't find any reference to a roxio vhs to dvd file. This is shooting in the dark but I have Roxio easy cd and dvd burning program installed on my computer, could this be causing a problem? Thanks

One of the user mentioned he had to use Advanced mode to get rid of any remnants. Do you know what mode was used for Revo? If you have not used Advanced, I would give one more shot using Advanced mode.

Edited by firenhancer

I tried advanced revo, it didn't work I even went into msconfig and turned off all programs rebooted and tried another install. Still didn't work. I guess Sams just got $50.00 of mine. I think roxio should be getting ready for a class action, This is terrible. Thank you again for you help. It just didn't work.

If you ran the clean install you should have removed any Roxio and Sonic programs.

This a quote from the clean install procedures:

"Remove any Roxio and Sonic programs from Add or Remove Programs or use the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility (recommended).

I tried advanced revo, it didn't work I even went into msconfig and turned off all programs rebooted and tried another install. Still didn't work. I guess Sams just got $50.00 of mine. I think roxio should be getting ready for a class action, This is terrible. Thank you again for you help. It just didn't work.

Sams will not ake it back? I called BJs and they told me that they would take mine back if it does not work. I think I'm going to take them up on it.