• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Movie Audio

Long Valley native

Question

I am new to editing and new to Roxio. I converted a VHS home movie to DVD. I've used Roxio to convert the DVD to a WMV file that is saved on my hard drive. Before doing any editing,, the audio track on the movie is audible. However, when I use the simple editing application, the original audio is not audible; the only thing that is audible is the music sound track supplied by roxio. What do I need to do to preserve the original audio track from the original VHS home movie?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I am new to editing and new to Roxio. I converted a VHS home movie to DVD. I've used Roxio to convert the DVD to a WMV file that is saved on my hard drive. Before doing any editing,, the audio track on the movie is audible. However, when I use the simple editing application, the original audio is not audible; the only thing that is audible is the music sound track supplied by roxio. What do I need to do to preserve the original audio track from the original VHS home movie?

Thanks!

You are going about it the wrong way.

1-Capture video from VHS to your hard drive in the DV avi format

2-Use Edit video advanced to edit the captured file. After making the edits, save project file as a dmsm file

3-Use Create DVDs (myDVD) and add the dmsm project, create menus and then burn

There is no need for any wmv file or even capturing direct to DVD

Thanks!

Mr. Guru, you are good and you are fast. Can I still use the content captured on the DVD to start a new production, inclusive of the original audio track?

Mr. Guru, you are good and you are fast. Can I still use the content captured on the DVD to start a new production, inclusive of the original audio track?

Yes, you could use the video on the DVD. Use Windows Explorer to copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive. Then using Edit Video -Advanced (Videowave), add the folder as a movie. You might be better off though recapturing to your hard drive to be able to get the best quality possible.