Help/Learning Center & Video Tutorial Issues

wljc

Question

The (Version: 1.2.198;5.0.0.0) VHS to DVD installed has no Video Tutorials. The Help/Learning Center will not respond when clicked and no detailed hard copy manual is included (only a Getting Started Guide).

This leaves the user with no local examples of using the application (such as included video tutorials). The only assistance offered in the program seems to be the Help Menu Contents in the program.

With a Movie (Title), initially I was only able to add 4 Chapters per Menu or Submenu page. Documentation & tutorials would likely help improve on this.

The Video Tutorials in EMC 7.5 can be accessed on my computer after allowing blocked content so the system does not seem to be at fault.

I have accessed items on this forum (Chapters Scenes & Things, How to & Usability etc.) and found them to of assistance but at my level of video processing experience I can use more assistance. Also I have downloaded c2010_userguide_enu.pdf which appears to deal with some of the sections of VHS to DVD (will review the Video section as time allows).

1) I am not clear why VHS to DVD will not access the Help/Learning Center with my system?

2) Are there Video Tutorials for VHS to DVD as in EMC 7.5 for each program section?

Thanks in advance for any input.

10 answers to this question

I Guess I do not understand why the two questions asked have not been addressed? Without access to the Learning Center, Video Tutorials and with no Hard Copy Manual the program use is greatly handicapped.

You will have to help us out a little as very few of us have ever seen the version you have… (I have not :( )

Have you activated the Learning Center under Tools – Preferences???

post-39730-1268825147.jpg

In the Creator 2010 version this adds another Tab on the left at the bottom. You pick the lesson you want from within that Tab.

post-39730-1268825162.jpg

What'cha got in your Version???

Jim: Thank You for the reply.

Tools - Preferences in this version has no option to activate the Learning Center.

Only these 5 options are listed in Tools - Preferences:

Participate in the User Experience Improvement Program

Display relevant product information and offers from Roxio

Check for updates at start of application

Prompt to save projects when exiting application

Enable Animations

Selecting All 5 of the above has no effect on the problem.

The Learning Center selection don't respond when clicked.

Files, Tools or Help offer no other options regarding the Learning Center.

Jim: Thank You for the reply.

Tools - Preferences in this version has no option to activate the Learning Center.

Only these 5 options are listed in Tools - Preferences:

Participate in the User Experience Improvement Program

Display relevant product information and offers from Roxio

Check for updates at start of application

Prompt to save projects when exiting application

Enable Animations

Selecting All 5 of the above has no effect on the problem.

The Learning Center selection don't respond when clicked.

Files, Tools or Help offer no other options regarding the Learning Center.

Then it was not included in the V2D package…

I know it is not in the version I have (1.1.124) but I was not sure about the 1.2.198 version.

You are still welcome to utilize the rest of the board and review the How To postings in 2010, 2009, EMC 10 & EMC 9. LOTS of useful postings and links to videos are sprinkled through there!

Of course you should always post here before your needle swings too far into the Frustration Zone!!!

post-39730-1268854894.jpg

Jim:

Since the drop down in Help includes the "Learning Center" Option as a choice one would assume it should work. But it don't so one wonders why the option is listed at all.

Thanks again for your input.

Those files are not what I was thinking of and should be on your HDD with the install:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\11.0\1033\Tutorial\Learn.htm

(that is for an XP system, there may be differences in Vista or Win7)

If your don’t work and you cannot located ‘Learn.htm’ on your PC, try Repair from Add/Remove Programs.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\11.0\1033\Tutorial\Learn.htm don't include this.

Only the folowing:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\1033\Help

Learn.htm is not on the system via Search For Files or Folders.

Repair from Add/Remove Programs don't solve the problem either.

Control Panel Repair Add/Remove, when the Roxio Repair is run only seems to reinstall the application when requesting the install CD with no fix for the problem.

The OP system is XP SP2.

Thanks Jim

It appears no farther assistance is going to be offered on this Bug.

This software is a reminder that one should ALWAYS check the product forums PRIOR to purchase. Checking allows a feel for the Quality of the product before purchasing.

karri:

Thanks for the reply.

I saved the Link you suggested in your post. That is somewhat informative but not exactly applying to the VHS to DVD functions in question.

I don't have any version with a Learning Center in it now either. After Updating to VHS to DVD Service Pack 2 Roxio has removed the Learning Center option from Help. Instead of fixing the issue Roxio just removed it, Nice.