• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

snuba Kauai

random clips will not import

Question

When importing (capturing) video clips from my sony hdr-xr200 camcorder, there are random clips that will not import. It shows "attributes 00.00.00" and will not import the video. On the media import it will play the file just fine when I push the play option on the "available vidoes" tab but nothing will import. Surrounding video will import and it will also play back on the camera. I have tried to import a few times the clips that will not transfer. No luck. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

When importing (capturing) video clips from my sony hdr-xr200 camcorder, there are random clips that will not import. It shows "attributes 00.00.00" and will not import the video. On the media import it will play the file just fine when I push the play option on the "available vidoes" tab but nothing will import. Surrounding video will import and it will also play back on the camera. I have tried to import a few times the clips that will not transfer. No luck. Any suggestions?

Why not simply copy the clips from the camcorder (hard drive?) to your system hard drive using Windows Explorer. You should then be able to simply add the clips in Videowave or myDVD.

I connected the camera and opened the files on the hard drive. The file tree take mes to AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM/(clip number).mts. I copied the .mts files of the clips that wouldn't transfer. They showed up in the "insert video/photo" option but has a cirlce with red slash. It shows a 20 mb file but won't preview. When I double click, I am told I need to convert the file. I do this but now it shows a 36 byte file but will not preview.

Just to compare, I copied one of the other files and it needed to be converted before it would preview. The conversion showed the same size as the original and it would preview just fine.

1. Am I copying from the right directory? ( I don't see any other file that has video clips)

2. Any idea what would prevent the clip from playing? Once again, it plays fine on the camera and will play fine in the import files list but I cannot get a working copy of the file onto the computer.

I loaded a trial version of Sony Vegas and the clips imported and worked fine. I have used Creator 2009 since last July and find it to be a little buggy (clips won't import, videowave 11 quits working, error messages while rendering video).

Edited by snuba Kauai