• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to choose Tiles or Titles in main Menu?

stirlingsimon

Question

Dear all,

Please help. I am totally lost when it come to creating a main menu in MyDVD Roxio 9 or 10:

Tiles, Titles, Menus?

If say I want to combine two movies separetly in one DVD, how can I put in the main menu the 2 tiles? and for each tile I press, there will be a menu for that tile? Hope this makes sense?

Many thanks for your help.

Simon.

15 answers to this question

Dear all,

Please help. I am totally lost when it come to creating a main menu in MyDVD Roxio 9 or 10:

Tiles, Titles, Menus?

If say I want to combine two movies separetly in one DVD, how can I put in the main menu the 2 tiles? and for each tile I press, there will be a menu for that tile? Hope this makes sense?

Many thanks for your help.

Simon.

Actually your question doesn't make sense. I'm not sure what you mean by "Tiles"

A menu is the navigation screen that will show up when you put the DVD into a DVD player. It allows you to select the Titles.

Titles are the different video files or slide shows that you chose to put on that DVD.

Chapters (I'm not sure if you can do chapters) but chapters are like chapters in a book. If you open a book to a chapter, you can start reading from that point to the end. So a chapter is a starting point in a video where you can start watching a video to the end - unless you use the remote to stop or go back to the menu. You do not need chapters if you don't want them. You would have a SUB menu for each title only if you chose to have chapters.

Buttons are the visual representation of the different titles on the DVD. They can be text only, text plus and image or image alone. Perhaps this is what you meant by tiles.

Let us know if this clarified things for you or if you have any additional questions. There are more descriptive posts that I can point you to if this is not enough.

Actually your question doesn't make sense. I'm not sure what you mean by "Tiles"

A menu is the navigation screen that will show up when you put the DVD into a DVD player. It allows you to select the Titles.

Titles are the different video files or slide shows that you chose to put on that DVD.

Chapters (I'm not sure if you can do chapters) but chapters are like chapters in a book. If you open a book to a chapter, you can start reading from that point to the end. So a chapter is a starting point in a video where you can start watching a video to the end - unless you use the remote to stop or go back to the menu. You do not need chapters if you don't want them. You would have a SUB menu for each title only if you chose to have chapters.

Buttons are the visual representation of the different titles on the DVD. They can be text only, text plus and image or image alone. Perhaps this is what you meant by tiles.

Let us know if this clarified things for you or if you have any additional questions. There are more descriptive posts that I can point you to if this is not enough.

Thank you for trying to help me Digital Guru,

I thought I did not clarify what I meant exactly. I'll try once more:

What I understand by a tile is a complete movie that has chapters. What I undestand by chapters is parts of a movie that you can jump from one part to the movie to the other because the movie is divided into chapters or slices when you watch a normal DVD disc, right?

Now, once you add a movie file into a project to be edited and created then to be burned into a DVD in "Roxio's MyDVD program", you have to create a main Menu before you burn the DVD, right?

I can easily edit and create chapters of one movie, or what I call tile but if I want to add to the same project a second movie that will fit in the same DVD to be burned, how do I do that on the main menu. I just would like to be able to have the two Tiles or two movies on the main menu to be able to select either movies of the same disk to be burned and played.

I really hope this time I'm clearer?

Many thank for any help,

Simon.

Thank you for trying to help me Digital Guru,

I thought I did not clarify what I meant exactly. I'll try once more:

What I understand by a tile is a complete movie that has chapters. What I undestand by chapters is parts of a movie that you can jump from one part to the movie to the other because the movie is divided into chapters or slices when you watch a normal DVD disc, right?

Now, once you add a movie file into a project to be edited and created then to be burned into a DVD in "Roxio's MyDVD program", you have to create a main Menu before you burn the DVD, right?

I can easily edit and create chapters of one movie, or what I call tile but if I want to add to the same project a second movie that will fit in the same DVD to be burned, how do I do that on the main menu. I just would like to be able to have the two Tiles or two movies on the main menu to be able to select either movies of the same disk to be burned and played.

I really hope this time I'm clearer?

Many thank for any help,

Simon.

What you continue to call Tiles has no meaning in Roxio, the standard name for it is a "Title". Since you use "tiles" several times it obviously is not a typo.

After you launch myDVD, you add the 2 movies and the "Titles" are automatically created for you on the main menu page. You do not create the menu first and then add the movies. To create chapter for a movie, select the Title on the menu page and the select Edit Chapter.

BTW, what program are you really using, full name please. You are posting in the Creator 2009 forum but are talking about myDVD 9 and or myDVD 10. Those are 3 separate programs and are several years apart.

Edited by myguggi

What you continue to call Tiles has no meaning in Roxio, the standard name for it is a "Title". Since you use "tiles" several times it obviously is not a typo.

After you launch myDVD, you add the 2 movies and the "Titles" are automatically created for you on the main menu page. You do not create the menu first and then add the movies. To create chapter for a movie, select the Title on the menu page and the select Edit Chapter.

BTW, what program are you really using, full name please. You are posting in the Creator 2009 forum but are talking about myDVD 9 and or myDVD 10. Those are 3 separate programs and are several years apart.

Hello again,

Sorry it's my language again. I should say a movie rather than tile. The Roxio I'm using is Roxio Creator 9 Home Version: 9.0.088.

When you load Home Creator 9,

you press Videos on the left panel,

then press Create DVD,

then a program opens called MyDVD 9.

For some reason when I add one movie to the project, it appears on the menu with several titles(or chapters). So they look all spread on the menu. Then when I add the second movie, same thing happens, all titles get spread all over the menu?

What I really would like if possible is, on the main menu, it should give me only the two movie titles and when I click one of the two movies, then I should see the diffrenet titles of each of the two movies.

So what I need to see on the main menu is only the title of both movies. Then when I click each title, then that will give me the different chapters of that one movie. Because when you select one of the two movies, you should also have the option of jumping the chapters if you want to forward the one movie.

Many thanks once again for your patience!

Simon.

Hello again,

Sorry it's my language again. I should say a movie rather than tile. The Roxio I'm using is Roxio Creator 9 Home Version: 9.0.088.

When you load Home Creator 9,

you press Videos on the left panel,

then press Create DVD,

then a program opens called MyDVD 9.

For some reason when I add one movie to the project, it appears on the menu with several titles(or chapters). So they look all spread on the menu. Then when I add the second movie, same thing happens, all titles get spread all over the menu?

What I really would like if possible is, on the main menu, it should give me only the two movie titles and when I click one of the two movies, then I should see the diffrenet titles of each of the two movies.

So what I need to see on the main menu is only the title of both movies. Then when I click each title, then that will give me the different chapters of that one movie. Because when you select one of the two movies, you should also have the option of jumping the chapters if you want to forward the one movie.

Many thanks once again for your patience!

Simon.

Are you editing an older project or are you creating a new project. If you add one movie (title) there should be only one entry on that page. if you add a second, then you would have only 2 movies (titles). Are you looking at the menu page or a sub menu page? What do you mean by all over?

Are you selecting several clips at one time?

What is your native language because it really appears that you are having difficulty in telling the difference in a title (one movie) and chapters. You have now added the term clips which wasn't in the original question. Perhaps one of out linguists will be able to translate.

If you have more than there is a problem with your program.

Edited by sknis

I would like to insert all clips or titles as one movie.

Your posts are confusing :blink:

In your last post you stated "What I really would like if possible is, on the main menu, it should give me only the two movie titles" and now you state "I would like to insert all clips or titles as one movie". Which is it really?

Also where did the movies, clips or whatever come from?

Are you editing an older project or are you creating a new project. If you add one movie (title) there should be only one entry on that page. if you add a second, then you would have only 2 movies (titles). Are you looking at the menu page or a sub menu page? What do you mean by all over?

Are you selecting several clips at one time?

What is your native language because it really appears that you are having difficulty in telling the difference in a title (one movie) and chapters. You have now added the term clips which wasn't in the original question. Perhaps one of out linguists will be able to translate.

If you have more than there is a problem with your program.

Hello Digital Guru,

It's probably my grammar rather than my English:

I am going to make it as short and precise:

Yes inded I am inserting all video clips as one movie. (it works with one particular movie and I am happy with it showing one title of that movie on the menu).

However, when I do the same thing again with a different movie, each video clip of this second movie is inserted as a seperate movie clips on the menu.

So I want one title for each of the two movies on the menu.

A million thanks one more for your patience.

Simon.

Hello Digital Guru,

It's probably my grammar rather than my English:

I am going to make it as short and precise:

Yes inded I am inserting all video clips as one movie. (it works with one particular movie and I am happy with it showing one title of that movie on the menu).

However, when I do the same thing again with a different movie, each video clip of this second movie is inserted as a seperate movie clips on the menu.

So I want one title for each of the two movies on the menu.

A million thanks one more for your patience.

Simon.

Like Steve I am having difficulty what you mean by "each video clip of this second movie". Do you mean that the 2nd movie will consist of several clips?

How are you adding the clips? Step-by-step please?

Are you using Videowave to create each of the movies? If not, then that is the preferred method. You launch Videowa, add the clips in the sequence you want and then using Save As, save your project to a dmsm project file. Do that for each of the two movies.

Exit Videowave, launch myDVD and a menu page should appear. Now using Add, navigate to where the two project files were saved and add them. Each should now become a menu item (ie Title) on the menu page.

Lets see if you get that far.

Edited by myguggi

Like Steve I am having difficulty what you mean by "each video clip of this second movie". Do you mean that the 2nd movie will consist of several clips?

How are you adding the clips? Step-by-step please?

Are you using Videowave to create each of the movies? If not, then that is the preferred method. You launch Videowa, add the clips in the sequence you want and then using Save As, save your project to a dmsm project file. Do that for each of the two movies.

Exit Videowave, launch myDVD and a menu page should appear. Now using Add, navigate to where the two project files were saved and add them. Each should now become a menu item (ie Title) on the menu page.

Lets see if you get that far.

Right, I am going to try once more to be clearer,

The movie I have in my file in the computer is already divided into titles or clips or chapters, whatever you want to call them, right?

When I add that movie to the project, it asks me if I want to insert it as one whole movie or seperate movies clips. I want to add them as a whole one combined movie, not seperate clips spread all over the menu.

With some movies, it works but not with others. Is it to do with the file types?

Many thanks,

Simon.

Right, I am going to try once more to be clearer,

The movie I have in my file in the computer is already divided into titles or clips or chapters, whatever you want to call them, right?

When I add that movie to the project, it asks me if I want to insert it as one whole movie or seperate movies clips. I want to add them as a whole one combined movie, not seperate clips spread all over the menu.

With some movies, it works but not with others. Is it to do with the file types?

Many thanks,

Simon.

How can the "movie" you are adding be already divided into Titles or chapter since those are only created after the movie has been added in myDVD? The only way myDVD will ask if you want to insert it as one whole movie or seperate movies clips is if you have selected several video clips to be added at once.

ss: Your lackadaisical attitude is starting to be a problem. If you refuse the use the terms that we can all agree on, then you will get different answers because of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. Remember we are users and not Roxio technical support. I am almost starting to believe that you are trying to pull our leg (American slang) and really are not interested in help. Take the time to help us help you.

ss: Your lackadaisical attitude is starting to be a problem. If you refuse the use the terms that we can all agree on, then you will get different answers because of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. Remember we are users and not Roxio technical support. I am almost starting to believe that you are trying to pull our leg (American slang) and really are not interested in help. Take the time to help us help you.

I am actuall quite shocked by this last reply of yours?

I was actually beginning to think exactly the same thing about you. I don't know how clearer I could have been in explaining to you several times what my problem is. I am almost starting to believe that you are trying to pull my leg and not really is intrested in helping me at all and just taking the Mickey out of my English and questions. I don't think I would be wasting my time and energy if I wasn't genuily intrested in help. I understand you are a user and I did appriciate your help by thanking you several times (See my messages above). Despite your efforts and helpful replies you gave me which I appriciate, I am afraid none of them solved my problem. I'm actually pretty shocked at this last reply and accusation of yours against me.

Shall I tell you what? I did find help from outside this forum, thanks.

My problem is now solved. It was a question of file types and submenus. I hope you do undestand too what file types and submenus are too.... and I am not pulling your leg ... for the last time ...ever.

Thank for trying to help anyway!

I was actually beginning to think exactly the same thing about you. I don't know how clearer I could have been in explaining to you several times what my problem is. I am almost starting to believe that you are trying to pull my leg and not really is intrested in helping me at all and just taking the Mickey out of my English and questions. I don't think I would be wasting my time and energy if I wasn't genuily intrested in help. I understand you are a user and I did appriciate your help by thanking you several times (See my messages above). Despite your efforts and helpful replies you gave me which I appriciate, I am afraid none of them solved my problem. I'm actually pretty shocked at this last reply and accusation of yours against me.

My problem is now solved. It was a question of file types and submenus. I hope you do undestand too what file types and submenus are too.... and I am not pulling your leg ... for the last time ...ever.

File types and submenus I understand.

I am glad that you got your problem solved.

Unfortunately I still have no idea what you were really talking about. Your so called clarification were confusing and repetitive. As well you never bothered to really answer questions that were asked so that we could understand what you were doing.