Licence Expiry

defender

Question

Can anyone tell me does the licence expire. I have easy Media Creator 10 which came with a new Sony laptop just over a year ago. I can no longer burn DVDs and the icon for Roxio on the start menu has changed from an orange colour to black and white. It was working fine a month ago and nothing other than this has really changed since then. Any ideas as to what has happened greatfully received. John

7 answers to this question

If i click the house in the top corner it gives the option of Welcome or Resources and an advert appears asking me to upgrade Roxio Creator 2010. I don't really need to upgrade as this does or used to do all that i needed so i am bit fed up if they want more money.

If i click the house in the top corner it gives the option of Welcome or Resources and an advert appears asking me to upgrade Roxio Creator 2010. I don't really need to upgrade as this does or used to do all that i needed so i am bit fed up if they want more money.

Under help click about this software...Post the top three lines, not the serial number...

Does the third pic resemble the house your talking about?

post-97-1268169753.jpg

post-97-1268169771.jpg

post-97-1268170047.png

cd

Yes I have opened the about this software and these are the top three lines.

Easy Media Creator 10 LJ

Version: 10.1.177

Build: 111B77D, SNV

When I attempt to burn a dvd image it tells me that i have to put a cd in. I have burnt this dvd image several months before satisfactorily and now need another copy. I have tried this with several blank dvds. Thanks john

Easy Media Creator 10 LJ

When I attempt to burn a dvd image it tells me that i have to put a cd in. I have burnt this dvd image several months before satisfactorily and now need another copy. I have tried this with several blank dvds. Thanks john

You have a cut down version of the product provided to you as OEM bundle with your computer. The message to upgrade is an expected behavior since the product is missing several features compared to a full blown version. You should consider upgrading to Creator 2010 Suite.

Easy Media Creator 10 LJ

Since you have a cut-down Version of EMC 10 (and it is within the realm of the possible it may have bits of EMC 11, better known as Creator 2009, included in it), you need to check your computer specs against any possible upgrade, such as to Creator 2010 (the equivilent of EMC 12 had they not changed the naming method). Be sure your computer vastly exceeds the minimum specs, which - if you plan to use it for video - are rather a joke.

Lynn

Actually, if you look at the current requirements, they have been modified to more closely reflect what is need. Again these are the minimum specs.

•Microsoft® Windows Vista™ with SP1 and later (32- or 64-bit), Windows® XP SP3 (32- or 64-bit), Windows® 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32-or 64-bit)

•For data burning and copy, audio capture and editing: Intel® 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor or AMD equivalent, 512 MB RAM for Windows XP and 1GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7.

For video editing and conversion and DVD playback: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz processor or AMD equivalent and 1GB RAM. Multi-core processor with at least 2GB RAM recommended.

The video processing will be slow but it will work. The rest of the requirements are here.

If the OP would buy Creator 2010 from the Roxio on-line store, they would have 30 days to return it for the purchase price if it doesn't work.