TomJ

CD Burning in Music Disc Creator

Question

The Music Disc Creator application in Roxio Creator 2010 Pro has stopped burning CD's. When I hit the button to burn the disc, a "burn setup" window comes up that finds the blank disc properly, I hit "ok", and the "progress information" window comes up. Then a notice pops up telling me to insert a blank CD. It already knew one was there and now it doesn't see it! Other Roxio applications burn my CD's just fine. Other non-Roxio applications burn my CD's just fine. My media is good quality, my CD is fully up to date with drivers, PX Engine,..... No new updates to my PC have been added. I am running Windows 7. Any thoughts, or is this a known bug as I suspect? Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Well, no replies to my problem. Hummm. Anyway, I reloaded Roxio and got no fix. I then did a clean uninstall and reloaded, and that worked. Brutt force. No idea what the problem's root cause was, so I am not confident that this will not happen again....this is the second time so far....

But whoever manages this can close this out.

Well, no replies to my problem. Hummm. Anyway, I reloaded Roxio and got no fix. I then did a clean uninstall and reloaded, and that worked. Brutt force. No idea what the problem's root cause was, so I am not confident that this will not happen again....this is the second time so far....

But whoever manages this can close this out.

And have you tried to use a different brand or type of media?