• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to add an audiotrack to only part of a Videowave production

Siegrist

Question

I just purchased Roxio Creator 2010. I am trying to make my first video production with photos and video clips with Videowave. I could manage pretty well to arrange the photos in slide show with a few built-in short videos I shot with my camera. Now I would like to have a background music, when the photos are shown in the slide show, but the music should fade out before the video clip starts with its own recorded sound. After the video clip, when the slide-show continues, the background music should fade in again and continue.

My question: Is it possible with Videowave to add an audio track to only those parts of the my production, in which there are slides and interrupt it during the video-clips? If yes, how is it done?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Max

4 answers to this question

I just purchased Roxio Creator 2010. I am trying to make my first video production with photos and video clips with Videowave. I could manage pretty well to arrange the photos in slide show with a few built-in short videos I shot with my camera. Now I would like to have a background music, when the photos are shown in the slide show, but the music should fade out before the video clip starts with its own recorded sound. After the video clip, when the slide-show continues, the background music should fade in again and continue.

My question: Is it possible with Videowave to add an audio track to only those parts of the my production, in which there are slides and interrupt it during the video-clips? If yes, how is it done?

Max

Watch this; it is for an earlier version but the same process will work here. You will need to use the audio editor to do the fade in/out because editing directly on the time line has been removed.

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Max

Sure, you can do it if I understand correctly what you want to do. I do it often. Simply put the recorded audio file(s) in the Media 'basket' with the slides and video and then drag it to the Music track, the track below the Native sound track of the video. You can drag that sound track forward or backward to put it only below the slides. You can split it, trim it etc. editing it as appropriate to suit the slides. Or you can adjust the time of the slides to match the music. Fade in or fade out are in the audio editing capabilities. Even if you wish to substitute it for some of the native sound of the video, you can use split to separate the section of video and mute its sound to "force' it to use your added sound. You also have the option of muting portions of the added sound track. Lots of options.

Watch this; it is for an earlier version but the same process will work here. You will need to use the audio editor to do the fade in/out because editing directly on the time line has been removed.

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks a lot. I have tried with the help of your video and I could manage.

Sure, you can do it if I understand correctly what you want to do. I do it often. Simply put the recorded audio file(s) in the Media 'basket' with the slides and video and then drag it to the Music track, the track below the Native sound track of the video. You can drag that sound track forward or backward to put it only below the slides. You can split it, trim it etc. editing it as appropriate to suit the slides. Or you can adjust the time of the slides to match the music. Fade in or fade out are in the audio editing capabilities. Even if you wish to substitute it for some of the native sound of the video, you can use split to separate the section of video and mute its sound to "force' it to use your added sound. You also have the option of muting portions of the added sound track. Lots of options.

Thanks a lot. Your comments have been of great help.