• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy an entire 9GB DVD movie onto a standard 4.7GB DVD

Broodie

Question

3 answers to this question

I am sorry, but I have yet to figure this option out....I hope I am in the correct forum . can anyone help me out???

How to Copy and entire 9GB DVD movie onto a standard 4.7GB DVD

Well, we have to start by assuming that the DVD you're trying to copy is not a commercially produced, copyright and copy protected disc. If it is, then none of the Roxio products will help you copy it. Usually, you'll get a warning about it being a copy protected disc, and that's as far as you'll go.

With that all said, you can just copy the TS_Video folder set to your HD, and bring that into Video Copy and Convert, and tell it to write to a DVD, and set the target to be a single layer 4.7GB disc. Keep in mind, that since your source is probably well over 1 hour (closer to 2 hours?) then the additional compression that will take place will probably make the video quality of the copy noticeably inferior to the original.

Hope that helps!

You should try Video Copy and Convert but I'm not sure how good the quality will be.

Choose the 'Copy DVD' tab and then on the right hand size, choose 'DVD -R/DVD +R'. It will likely take awhile.

I would suggest copying to an image file and not direct to disc as you will likely have less problems that way but either way, this will take some time. I've not tried a file that large to tell you how well the converted file looks.

Well, we have to start by assuming that the DVD you're trying to copy is not a commercially produced, copyright and copy protected disc. If it is, then none of the Roxio products will help you copy it. Usually, you'll get a warning about it being a copy protected disc, and that's as far as you'll go.

With that all said, you can just copy the TS_Video folder set to your HD, and bring that into Video Copy and Convert, and tell it to write to a DVD, and set the target to be a single layer 4.7GB disc. Keep in mind, that since your source is probably well over 1 hour (closer to 2 hours?) then the additional compression that will take place will probably make the video quality of the copy noticeably inferior to the original.

Hope that helps!

Okay I will give it a try, it is Not a Copy protected disk, It has Data and some video, but I wanted to try this feature as advertized, to see the quality etc.... single dvd is cheaper than Dual.

So I thank You all for such a quick response, and I will try out your suggestions ASAP.