Some transitions do not encode most do

NickCA

Question

In a Video Wave project page turn and door transitions do not encode and are replaced by dissolves. When I replace these type of transitions with pushes or slides everything encodes. All types of transitions play fine in Video Wave. I have an Nvidia GeForce 6200 with 256mb of on-board memory. I have the latest driver for the video card.

3 answers to this question

Give this a try: In Videowave menu bar, select Tools|Options and then choose Hardware for render. Does it reolve the issue?

No, I tried that, even tried it a couple of times, and the Software encode as well. There are no error messages while encoding and all indications are that the video card is plenty.

I played with it a little more. If I reduce the quality to about 4mb sampling rate I get a choppy rendering of the door and page turn. Obviously, either the cpu or the video card is not up to encoding a 3D type of transition at "best quality". Good excuse for a new computer.