• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photo show audio

boongsong

Question

I have been using Roxio Photo Show to make some neat photo shows. I have used the "canned" music that comes with the "upgrade", but would like to use some of my own music.

I have quite a library that I imported to ITunes (which is my media manager). When I click on the "My Music" link, I can find the ITunes files I want, but when I click on a specific file and click open, nothing happens. The window says no files found. However, if I go to ITunes, there they are and playable.

How can I get my music imported to Photo Show?

Also, is it possible to have different music at various points throughout the show? I don't necessarily want the same music throughout the entire production as there are many different activities/scenes, some of which are not very compatible with the music selected.

Edited by boongsong

12 answers to this question

I have been using Roxio Photo Show to make some neat photo shows. I have used the "canned" music that comes with the "upgrade", but would like to use some of my own music.

I have quite a library that I imported to ITunes (which is my media manager). When I click on the "My Music" link, I can find the ITunes files I want, but when I click on a specific file and click open, nothing happens. The window says no files found. However, if I go to ITunes, there they are and playable.

How can I get my music imported to Photo Show?

Also, is it possible to have different music at various points throughout the show? I don't necessarily want the same music throughout the entire production as there are many different activities/scenes, some of which are not very compatible with the music selected.

Moved to PhotoShow part of the foum.

If I'm not mistaken, you were already told that the music you have from iTunes has Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection and you cannot use it. You can use only music that you own such as that you rip from a CD. If you were not told that in the past, I apologize but that is the correct reason.

Yes, you can use almost as many pieces of music that you like. Do you have a Premium Account? Do you have PhotoShow 6? If you are using the free version from Creator 2010, it is very limited and not all options are available Go here and look at the Feb blog.

Edited by sknis

Moved to PhotoShow part of the foum.

If I'm not mistaken, you were already told that the music you have from iTunes has Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection and you cannot use it. You can use only music that you own such as that you rip from a CD. If you were not told that in the past, I apologize but that is the correct reason.

Yes, you can use almost as many pieces of music that you like. Do you have a Premium Account? Do you have PhotoShow 6? If you are using the free version from Creator 2010, it is very limited and not all options are available Go here and look at the Feb blog.

Thank you for your quick response. I'm sorry I didn't put my post in the right place. Looked, but didn't see any heading for Photo Show.

Yes, the music I copied to ITunes are from cds that I purchased. Even though, I don't see where I should have a problem if I paid to download any music. But, me being a neophyte, I'm still in the learning mode.

I'm not sure if I have the best available, but I just upgraded yesterday at the cost of 39.95.

Maybe I don't have the Premium because in the example shown in your reply, and the link provided, I don't have a large windown with the individual photos. All I have is the photos that are at the bottom of the preview window.

If you can, let me know if Ihave the best version. It is 5.0.3491.7413. The email confirming my purchase says it is the Premium Service.

Thank you for your quick response. I'm sorry I didn't put my post in the right place. Looked, but didn't see any heading for Photo Show.

Yes, the music I copied to ITunes are from cds that I purchased. Even though, I don't see where I should have a problem if I paid to download any music. But, me being a neophyte, I'm still in the learning mode.

I'm not sure if I have the best available, but I just upgraded yesterday at the cost of 39.95.

Maybe I don't have the Premium because in the example shown in your reply, and the link provided, I don't have a large windown with the individual photos. All I have is the photos that are at the bottom of the preview window.

If you can, let me know if Ihave the best version. It is 5.0.3491.7413. The email confirming my purchase says it is the Premium Service.

Go to your member page, look to the left and download PhotoShow 6. What you have is probably PhotoShow version 5. Both are usable but 6 is more up to date.

If you get music from ITunes, you get a license to play it and to burn it to a CD. That music is DRM protected. You can buy DRM free music from several on-line music shows. Unfortunately, it seems that if you do own music and you put it into ITunes, sometimes it thinks it is protected.

This is what you should have:

Go to your member page, look to the left and download PhotoShow 6. What you have is probably PhotoShow version 5. Both are usable but 6 is more up to date.

If you get music from ITunes, you get a license to play it and to burn it to a CD. That music is DRM protected. You can buy DRM free music from several on-line music shows. Unfortunately, it seems that if you do own music and you put it into ITunes, sometimes it thinks it is protected.

This is what you should have:

Sorry for the delay in my response. Been busy with many other things.

I still am unable to import my music into my PhotoShows. I do have Ver 6.0.0 Build 722.

I have several audio tracks that I have imported into Media Manager. They are listed in the Unlocked category, so I'm assuming that means they can be used by me in my shows.

I can click on any one of the entries, while in Media Manager, and they will play. However, when I open my PhotoShow, click on My Music, all I get is a listing of what is contained on the hard drive. If I open I Tunes, any listing I click on will open and play, but there is no option to import to my PhotoShow.

I know I'm probably missing something, or doing something wrong, but I've scoured the Creator user guide, clicked on the Help button in PhotoShow, and tried to watch a tutorial, but haven't seen anything that tells me what I am/am not doing right or wrong.

When I open my photo show, click on personalize, all photos show-up but I am not able to add my music. When I left click on a photo it just enlarges. When I right click on it I get the little pane showing add photos, personaize, etc. If I left or right click on the space in bewteen photos, nothing happens. I do not have the musical symbol anywhere such as that depicted in the sample you included in your reply to my 1st/2nd post.

FYI:I have an HP s5310f running Win 7, IE 8, Norton.

Sorry for the delay in my response. Been busy with many other things.

I still am unable to import my music into my PhotoShows. I do have Ver 6.0.0 Build 722.

I have several audio tracks that I have imported into Media Manager. They are listed in the Unlocked category, so I'm assuming that means they can be used by me in my shows.

I can click on any one of the entries, while in Media Manager, and they will play. However, when I open my PhotoShow, click on My Music, all I get is a listing of what is contained on the hard drive. If I open I Tunes, any listing I click on will open and play, but there is no option to import to my PhotoShow.

I know I'm probably missing something, or doing something wrong, but I've scoured the Creator user guide, clicked on the Help button in PhotoShow, and tried to watch a tutorial, but haven't seen anything that tells me what I am/am not doing right or wrong.

When I open my photo show, click on personalize, all photos show-up but I am not able to add my music. When I left click on a photo it just enlarges. When I right click on it I get the little pane showing add photos, personaize, etc. If I left or right click on the space in bewteen photos, nothing happens. I do not have the musical symbol anywhere such as that depicted in the sample you included in your reply to my 1st/2nd post.

FYI:I have an HP s5310f running Win 7, IE 8, Norton.

Update PhotoShow 6; the latest build is 819. If you open the program, the latest build should update. if you didn't get the message, go to help and then check for updates. After you update, try this.

Are you working with mp3 files?

Please do a screen shot and post the screen shot on a file sharing site. I just can't understand why you don't have the right options unless you have a bad install. You are already several builds behind.

1) Click on Create new Photo Show.

2) Add the images you want.

3) Click on personalize and then Music and Photos.

4) Hold the cursor over the image where you want to add the first piece of music. Do you see the musical note in the upper right? Click on it.

5) Click on My Music at the bottom of the windows that opens.

6) Navigate to the piece of music that you want and select it.

7) Now it will go back to the image. You should see the name of the music there.

8) It will also be added to you music list.

If you still don't see the musical note then you will want to use something like Revo Uninstaller in the moderate mode to uninstall the program and download the latest build from your member's page. Remember to turn off your anti-virus when you do the install.

Update PhotoShow 6; the latest build is 819. If you open the program, the latest build should update. if you didn't get the message, go to help and then check for updates. After you update, try this.

Are you working with mp3 files?

Please do a screen shot and post the screen shot on a file sharing site. I just can't understand why you don't have the right options unless you have a bad install. You are already several builds behind.

1) Click on Create new Photo Show.

2) Add the images you want.

3) Click on personalize and then Music and Photos.

4) Hold the cursor over the image where you want to add the first piece of music. Do you see the musical note in the upper right? Click on it.

5) Click on My Music at the bottom of the windows that opens.

6) Navigate to the piece of music that you want and select it.

7) Now it will go back to the image. You should see the name of the music there.

8) It will also be added to you music list.

If you still don't see the musical note then you will want to use something like Revo Uninstaller in the moderate mode to uninstall the program and download the latest build from your member's page. Remember to turn off your anti-virus when you do the install.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply.

Please wait awhile for my response as I have to p/up wife @ work and then we go into town for some shopping.

I'm not sure if the audio is MP3 or not - will try and ascertain that. Also, will do a screen shot (if possible as I haven't been able to do one yet with this computer) and post it on UTube as that is the only link I have available with this computer.

Also, will look for update.

Again, thanks and bear with me.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply.

Please wait awhile for my response as I have to p/up wife @ work and then we go into town for some shopping.

I'm not sure if the audio is MP3 or not - will try and ascertain that. Also, will do a screen shot (if possible as I haven't been able to do one yet with this computer) and post it on UTube as that is the only link I have available with this computer.

Also, will look for update.

Again, thanks and bear with me.

A quick note before I leave. Did a check on audio tracks in ITunes. They are m4a files. Do I need to convert them? :unsure:

YES !

Many kudos to you for pointing me in the right direction. I had trouble finding the update. Update manager said none and I ended-up going to PhotoShow web site and getting the update there. Quite a difference. I now have the same window/pane display that is in your example and it works.

What I did was delete all of my audio that I had previously imported due to the wrong file ext. I then re-imorted using the ITunes conversion to change the files to MP3. I now can add my audio to various cllips.

I can't thank you enough for your invaluable help. Keep up the good work. Because of you, I'm able to make my video movies in VW and Great photo shows. I'm slowly changing from a complete idiot to someone who knows what he is doing.

Again, thank you so much.

Many kudos to you for pointing me in the right direction. I had trouble finding the update. Update manager said none and I ended-up going to PhotoShow web site and getting the update there. Quite a difference. I now have the same window/pane display that is in your example and it works.

What I did was delete all of my audio that I had previously imported due to the wrong file ext. I then re-imorted using the ITunes conversion to change the files to MP3. I now can add my audio to various cllips.

I can't thank you enough for your invaluable help. Keep up the good work. Because of you, I'm able to make my video movies in VW and Great photo shows. I'm slowly changing from a complete idiot to someone who knows what he is doing.

Again, thank you so much.

I might be able to add some helpful info for those who purchase from iTunes (in mp4 format). I run an online jazz/swing station at Live365, and I have to go through a conversion process for any iTunes media I purchase, since my Live365 uploader requires mp3 format.

1> if you right-click on an mp4 file from iTunes, and ask it to 'Create mp3 version', it will decline because of 'digital rights'

2> however, if you 'burn' a CD of the iTunes songs (including those you wish to convert), and then 'play' the CD using iTunes, when you right-click on any track, and iTunes will create an mp3 file for you! that's right: the same track it WOULD NOT convert in your mp4 library is now fair game once it's on CD - this is really just iTunes method of 'ripping' a CD.. however, where it creates it, and what track info the mp3 contains, and what the volume levels are like? that becomes your problem..! usually you will find it under the iTunes main folder - somewhere..

3> I like more control over the quality of the mp3 - hence, I open the CD in Windows-Media, set my options, and rip the desired tracks to mp3 format..

4> you must now deal with the awkward fact that you now 3 copies of the track: 1 in iTunes, 1 in mp3, and 1 on CD ! nonetheless, the mp3 version will be easily handled by Roxio Photoshow for your background music..

- This little hitch, I suppose, will continue until iTunes makes its mp4's more transportable? If I were the iTunes people, I'd cut a deal to reward users who pay for their music! I'd allow them to import mp4's into the Roxio Slideshow, but add a 'hook' that announces in the SlideShow itself (on the introductory page?) that 'music was provided courtesy iTunes' along with the track details. A nice little piece of synergy, to be sure. However, whether the coding to do such a 'hook' is do-able or practical, I can't say...! lol - I'm a marketing kind of guy - not a 'coder' - (I leave that to the over-weight guys who consume donuts and coffee all day..: no offence intended - I have done some coding in my day also)... :rolleyes:

- canuckteach

Edited by canuckteach

I might be able to add some helpful info for those who purchase from iTunes (in mp4 format). I run an online jazz/swing station at Live365, and I have to go through a conversion process for any iTunes media I purchase, since my Live365 uploader requires mp3 format.

1> if you right-click on an mp4 file from iTunes, and ask it to 'Create mp3 version', it will decline because of 'digital rights'

2> however, if you 'burn' a CD of the iTunes songs (including those you wish to convert), and then 'play' the CD using iTunes, when you right-click on any track, and iTunes will create an mp3 file for you! that's right: the same track it WOULD NOT convert in your mp4 library is now fair game once it's on CD - this is really just iTunes method of 'ripping' a CD.. however, where it creates it, and what track info the mp3 contains, and what the volume levels are like? that becomes your problem..! usually you will find it under the iTunes main folder - somewhere..

3> I like more control over the quality of the mp3 - hence, I open the CD in Windows-Media, set my options, and rip the desired tracks to mp3 format..

4> you must now deal with the awkward fact that you now 3 copies of the track: 1 in iTunes, 1 in mp3, and 1 on CD ! nonetheless, the mp3 version will be easily handled by Roxio Photoshow for your background music..

- This little hitch, I suppose, will continue until iTunes makes its mp4's more transportable? If I were the iTunes people, I'd cut a deal to reward users who pay for their music! I'd allow them to import mp4's into the Roxio Slideshow, but add a 'hook' that announces in the SlideShow itself (on the introductory page?) that 'music was provided courtesy iTunes' along with the track details. A nice little piece of synergy, to be sure. However, whether the coding to do such a 'hook' is do-able or practical, I can't say...! lol - I'm a marketing kind of guy - not a 'coder' - (I leave that to the over-weight guys who consume donuts and coffee all day..: no offence intended - I have done some coding in my day also)... :rolleyes:

- canuckteach

Thanks for your info. I'm going to keep that for "future reference".

As of right now, I don't download anything from ITunes as I'm from the "old school" and don't really like what is on the market today. However, I'm open-minded and probably will "change my tune" (no pun intended) at some later date and scour their site to see if they have anything I'm interested in.

What I'm doing for my photo shows is using the multitude of cds that I have (probably 200+) and importing them for use. Thanks to skinis pointing me in the right direction I'm able to get them into MP3 format and into my shows.

I do like jazz and wonder if you have a link to your Live365?

Again, thanks for the info and to all those that have responded to my ineptitude in the, VW and PhotoShow endeavors, in an effort to make me more knowledgeable. I didn't start any of this until January 2010. My total experience consisted of using my camcorder and burning dvds. I'm a much more "happy camper" with what I have accomplished the past three months with the assistance from all the gurus and others.

Thanks again to all