• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio CD burning problem

Presdog

Question

I have installed my new Roxio Creator 2010. I am having a problem with trying to burn an audio CD. My files are mp3s and the CD turns out to be a mess. It does not start playing until about halfway through the first song and then it is out of sync for the remainder of the cd. After wasting a couple of cdr's I switched to rw's but I cannot produce a usable cd. I have used Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 for a long time and never had this problem!

5 answers to this question

I have installed my new Roxio Creator 2010. I am having a problem with trying to burn an audio CD. My files are mp3s and the CD turns out to be a mess. It does not start playing until about halfway through the first song and then it is out of sync for the remainder of the cd. After wasting a couple of cdr's I switched to rw's but I cannot produce a usable cd. I have used Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 for a long time and never had this problem!

What application are you using? Have you tried Music Disc Creator? Where are you playing the CD, on computer or a standalone player?

Please explain the text that I bolded.

What operating system are you using? If XP, you can adjust the audio acceleration to help that issue. Let us know and we'll provide instructions.

Edited by sknis

What application are you using? Have you tried Music Disc Creator? Where are you playing the CD, on computer or a standalone player?

I tried Music Disc Creator and the CD will not record correctly. It starts about 1.5 minutes into the first song no matter what I try to record. I tried playing it on a CD player and also on my computer with the same result. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. I thought it might be my hardware, so I tried making an audio cd with a free download program by NCH and it worked fine and produced a perfect CD.

I tried Music Disc Creator and the CD will not record correctly. It starts about 1.5 minutes into the first song no matter what I try to record. I tried playing it on a CD player and also on my computer with the same result. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. I thought it might be my hardware, so I tried making an audio cd with a free download program by NCH and it worked fine and produced a perfect CD.

When you say it starts about 1.5 minutes into the first song, do you mean, when you hit "play" it starts immediately, about 90 seconds into the first song, or there's 90 seconds of silence, and then you hear music? And if the first situation, what does the time indicator on the player show, that it's at the beginning of the track, or 90 seconds into it?

It sounds like something has gotten corrupted on your installation, though what could cause that, I don't know. Have you tried running a repair install?

In your first post you said that you had an out of sync issue. I asked what you meant but there was no reply. Please answer the questions and listen to suggestions rather than going off and trying things that are confusing us and probably you. :wacko:

I just want to be clear, you are starting with mp3 files and making a standard audio CD. When you go to play it, there is silence for 90 seconds and then the music start playing somewhere after where it should start. You have an undefined sync problem.

I'm ask confused in your use of terms. Record is somewhat ambiguous in your posts.

Please use the term RIP to get music from a CD to your computer, use Record when you are getting the music off a LP or cassette and use burn when you are putting the music onto a standard CD. Do not use RW unless you play the CD only on your computer. What else is going on when you are working with the applications?

Clear, concise and logical posts will get your answer sooner.

Edited by sknis