No sound on conversion from AVI to DVD

KWAZ

Question

3 answers to this question

This problem is nearly always solved by going to perian.org and downloading/installing the appropriate version of the perian codec. You'll need to do the encoding again from the start.

SO you are saying once i have downloaded this program, have it running along with Toast 9 I re-cut the DVD from the AVI file I'll have sound? Or do I have to redo the AVI file?

SO you are saying once i have downloaded this program, have it running along with Toast 9 I re-cut the DVD from the AVI file I'll have sound? Or do I have to redo the AVI file?

Perian is not a program. It is called a codec and it enables QuickTime (and therefore Toast) to decode the AC-3 encoded audio that's in those AVIs. Perian is free and once installed you don't need to worry about it. There is a panel to access it in System Preferences after it is installed but you don't need to do that, either.

After it is installed you need to put the AVI file back in Toast and have Toast remake your DVD from scratch.