• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Customer's DVD slideshow not Playing...Any Ideas?

marynabors

Question

I just received an email from a lady I created a Fathers Day slide show...I bought an external DVD Writer and successfully burned 2 DVD's for other friends. I know they were successful as I played them in my DVD player first...Is there a reason she was unable to play her DVD? It was a DVD-R...I am sooo worried and confused, and unfortunately I am out of town and unable to help her directly.

Is there something I could ask her or guide her with? I am SOOO GRATEFUL for any comments or support....

Thank You!!!!

6 answers to this question

It could very well be the DVD player she is using. Some will not play certain formats, others will not play home burned discs. Ask her to try it 1) on her computer if she has one 2) at a friend's house or 3) at an electronics store. She can try several on the pretense that she needs one that will play the disc.

What brand of blank DVD did you use; some are much better than others. You may just have used a bad disc.

Did you burn to an image file first and then copy the iso file to the disc? That is the best way of trying to assure that the disc is burned properly.

I also think it could be the player, especially if it's a few years old. 1 of my brothers won't play many discs I make that play fine in both my players. He's cheap and has an much older model.

Guest mlpasley

The simplest solution would be to burn her a DVD + R DVD.

I have several friends who have DVD players that won't play DVD-R DVDs (even though the manufacturer says that it will play DVD-R.

First, however, find out what she means by not being able to play the DVD. I had a friend who works with technology, but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't play.

I asked him if he'd pressed Enter on his remote and he was suitably embarassed. :)

Guest mlpasley

From now on, please just send me a Private message with your questions.

I'll be glad to help you with your problems and I'm only sorry that others won't be able to read the solutions to your problems.

I didn't know that we had a 'rule' about how many posts you can make, but since someone objects to your posts, just send me the questions or continue your original post.

I just received an email from a lady I created a Fathers Day slide show...I bought an external DVD Writer and successfully burned 2 DVD's for other friends. I know they were successful as I played them in my DVD player first...Is there a reason she was unable to play her DVD? It was a DVD-R...I am sooo worried and confused, and unfortunately I am out of town and unable to help her directly.

Is there something I could ask her or guide her with? I am SOOO GRATEFUL for any comments or support....

Thank You!!!!

The could be may reasons but the simplest one may be that her DVD player does not play -R DVDs, only +R. You will have to find out what type her player accepts. Also that DVD player may be "sensitive" to certain makes of DVDs. It may be a trial and error method to find the right combination.

It could very well be the DVD player she is using. Some will not play certain formats, others will not play home burned discs. Ask her to try it 1) on her computer if she has one 2) at a friend's house or 3) at an electronics store. She can try several on the pretense that she needs one that will play the disc.

What brand of blank DVD did you use; some are much better than others. You may just have used a bad disc.

Did you burn to an image file first and then copy the iso file to the disc? That is the best way of trying to assure that the disc is burned properly.

Thank You!!!!

Archived