Hi i'm new here and to this software.I was intending to buy Creator pro 2010 but after spending alittle time on here reading quite a few posts now i'm not to sure, as it seems that there is a hell of alot of problems with the installation & runing of this product. I tried a older version of this software on a mates pc and found it to be very good apart from Cineplayer. So now i am just wondering should i buy or look for something else ? it would be great to hear from some people who have had a smooth install to give me some idea of what to do. Thanks

Hi i'm new here and to this software.I was intending to buy Creator pro 2010 but after spending alittle time on here reading quite a few posts now i'm not to sure, as it seems that there is a hell of alot of problems with the installation & runing of this product. I tried a older version of this software on a mates pc and found it to be very good apart from Cineplayer. So now i am just wondering should i buy or look for something else ? it would be great to hear from some people who have had a smooth install to give me some idea of what to do. Thanks

Hi reaperwayne and welcome to the forum...

Folks that don't have trouble probably never come here and say what a success they've had with the software..

It's kinda like do you drive a Chevy or a Ford and why...

If you buy the software from the Roxio website you have a thirty day like it or return it policy...

Here is a walk through the C2010 install, http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=58669

cd

Hi cdanteek and thanks for your reply i will order the software and see how i get on i had a go of an older version on a mates pc about 18 months ago or so and it seemed to work for him quite well.He has since moved to another town so i have to sort any pc related problems on my own as he was very clever with all this stuff,anyway thanks again and i will report back and let you no how i get on

Somehow I rec'd a forward of an email/chat mail from Roxio today. I don't remember which version I purchased, but I gave up on trying to 'fix' problems and/or get help from Roxio Support about 4 years ago. I wouldn't bother, or take on the messes that software created ever again. It was AWFUL!!!!!

That I still receive an occasional chat mail, after 3 1/2 years of stopping my use and subscription of anything Roxio may stand for something. Beware, Be Aware.

Ron

I don`t know. I`ve been fairly satisfied with the Roxio suite.

The only issue I`ve found in Creator 2009 and 2010 pro is a problem with the menu rendering when burning DVDs.

Other than that the interface is user friendly on both versions, plenty of help files to figure out how to work things, that are written in plain english.

I`m still recomending it to folks who are looking for editing software. The video conversion, video editing, VHS to computer, audio transfer from cassette to LP, audio editing all work very well on my system. Now that I`ve got a ACVHD camera, I love the abiltiy to review the attributes of .MTS files (all files for that matter) before I decide if I want to work with them or not.

There is going to be a learning curve with anything you decide on, and Roxio has made that very easy, this support forum is full of folks willing to help if you encounter a problem, and even help describe computer functionality and updating your system beyond just the program in question, that will improve your PC performance overall.

Now, back to that menu encode and burn problem.

Do all your encoding in the HQ setting. Encode to an Iso (image file) or to a folder set and then copiy the one you chose to the disc using Video Copy and Convert.

Slowbow, Start a new thread in the Creator 2010 Crashes/Hangs section of the board and provide more details, please. Give your computer spec, what menu you are trying to use, how many video titles you are adding, what format (project or video file), what menu, are you modifying the menu? etc.

People will similar experiences and solutions will pay more attention if the thread is started there

Slowbow, Start a new thread in the Creator 2010 Crashes/Hangs section of the board and provide more details, please. Give your computer spec, what menu you are trying to use, how many video titles you are adding, what format (project or video file), what menu, are you modifying the menu? etc.

People will similar experiences and solutions will pay more attention if the thread is started there

Sorry, not trying to hijack here, I had already started that there.

I just saw your reply to my comment and figued I`d give you the courtesy of a response.

Back on topic, I still think Roxio is a great product and powerful prgram, and I would recomend getting it to anyone who is interested in editing video, music, and capturing music and video for digital editing on a PC platform.