• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio keeps crashing

scottl523

Question

I have Creator 2010 pro I'm running windows 7. When I open Burn audio cd it loads about 80% - 90% then just crashes, when I try to edit a video file after being in Videowave for a few minutes it'll just crash everything is up to date. Anybody else have this problem or know what's wrong?

Scott

5 answers to this question

I have Creator 2010 pro I'm running windows 7. When I open Burn audio cd it loads about 80% - 90% then just crashes, when I try to edit a video file after being in Videowave for a few minutes it'll just crash everything is up to date. Anybody else have this problem or know what's wrong?

Scott

Scott

Tell us about your computer. Are you getting any error messages? What do you mean by crash - BSOD, reboot, or other.

Laptop or desktop?

What do you mean that everything is up to date? I assume that you have SP2 for 2010, that you have a video card that you have updated the drivers but everything covers a lot of territory. If you post what is up to date, that will eliminate a lot of back and forth questions. What video card do you have and what is the driver version? Have you looked inside your computer to see if there is dust inside or on your cooling fans, Do you see the cooling fans running?

Did you install W7 over XP or Vista or was t a clean install. Did you install Creator 2010 without shutting down your anti-virus?

Tell us about your computer. Are you getting any error messages? What do you mean by crash - BSOD, reboot, or other.

Laptop or desktop?

What do you mean that everything is up to date? I assume that you have SP2 for 2010, that you have a video card that you have updated the drivers but everything covers a lot of territory. If you post what is up to date, that will eliminate a lot of back and forth questions. What video card do you have and what is the driver version? Have you looked inside your computer to see if there is dust inside or on your cooling fans, Do you see the cooling fans running?

Did you install W7 over XP or Vista or was t a clean install. Did you install Creator 2010 without shutting down your anti-virus?

Every time I try to run music creator it says loading makes it to about 90% and the message Roxio Creator has stopped working, It does that after I've had VideWave open for a few minutes to.

It's a desktop

It was a clean install

all video and software drivers are up to date

my computer is liquid cooled and yes the fans are running.

no antivirus was running

ATI Radeon x1650 pro series driver version 10.2

Every time I try to run music creator it says loading makes it to about 90% and the message Roxio Creator has stopped working, It does that after I've had VideWave open for a few minutes to.

It's a desktop

It was a clean install

all video and software drivers are up to date

my computer is liquid cooled and yes the fans are running.

no antivirus was running

ATI Radeon x1650 pro series driver version 10.2

did you read the bold print on this page? I'm not sure that is your problem but it might contribute to it.

I was having the same problems running Windows XP sp3. The three changes I made that have appear to have stopped the BSOD episodes are as follows

1: Set Data Execution Prevention to "Turn on DEP for essiential Windows programs and services only"

2: Set virtual memory to "System managed size" You will find these first 2 settings in "My computer, view system information, system properties, advanced, performance, settings."

3: In 2010 set rendering to "Software"

This is working for me so far. Have yet to get into a large video file but have high hopes this will cure my problems.

Scott