• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding track breaks

crunchberry

Question

6 answers to this question

Walt, if I may. I've just done a lot of this and may have some tips that will help. Are you doing the track breaks manually or automatically?

1) There has to be enough silence for the automatic track detection feature to work. A lot of noise between tracks or live albums where there is applause are problems.

2) You should be doing any editing and track detection in Sound Editor (Edit Audio )? That is a better tool.

3) You can stretch out the audio wave form to really see the track breaks.

4) Delete unwanted periods of silence from the beginning, end and , in case of LP when you turn over the LP before you do the track detection. If you don't and then cut out a section, the track markers say at the original time. You would have to move them manually after that section your cut out.

Hopefully "crunch" will come back and give us more information or thell us if the suggestions help.

Edited by sknis

Walt, if I may. I've just done a lot of this and may have some tips that will help. Are you doing the track breaks manually or automatically?

1) There has to be enough silence for the automatic track detection feature to work. A lot of noise between tracks or live albums where there is applause are problems.

2) You should be doing any editing and track detection in Sound Editor (Edit Audio )? That is a better tool.

4) Delete unwanted periods of silence from the beginning, end and , in case of LP when you turn over the LP before you do the track detection. If you don't and then cut out a section, the track markers say at the original time. You would have to move them manually after that section your cut out.

Hopefully "crunch" will come back and give us more information or thell us if the suggestions help.

Did you mean "Jim"? :rolleyes:

I had been using the automatic track detection feature with a setting of 1.9 seconds of silence between tracks. On instrumentals that setting worked for most tracks but not all. Thus the track break issue. I will try your suggestion and inform you of the results. Thanks. Newbie, out B)

Edited by crunchberry