cesckim

VHS to DVD does not work

Question

Hello, I have bought roxio vhs to dvd mac and it has been installed correctly but on having started the vhs to dvd capture a message goes out for me on screen " this EyeTV version needs MAC OSX 10.4 or Superior "

Image capture here http://www.hiboox.es/go/imagenes-100/captu...aadf2a.jpg.html

My operating System is MAC OSX 10.4.10, Model Apple G5, CPU 2x2.3Ghz PowerPC G5, RAM 2,5GB, DVD recordable drive, Free hard drive space 167GB, USB 2.0, IMovie '08

I do not have a Eye TV in my mac. :blink: !!!

You can help me?

11 answers to this question

Did you drag the Easy VHS to DVD folder to your applications folder and then open the application from that location? It appears in your image capture that you are trying to open the application from the installer window which is not the way to do it.

Yes, I draw the Easy VHS to DVD folder into applications folder.

I have made the image capture alone for the message.

Yes, I draw the Easy VHS to DVD folder into applications folder.

I have made the image capture alone for the message.

Is this version 1.0.3? If not, download the 1.0.3 from the Software Updates page.

The application uses some programming from ElGato. It uses a portion of EyeTV to recognize the connection with the USB device. I do not know why it is not aware that your Mac is running OS 10.4. I'm sorry but I don't know how to help with this other than recommend doing Mac maintenance such as repairing permissions, running Disk First Aid or DiskWarrior, shutting down and restarting, and reinstalling Easy VHS to DVD for Mac.

This version is 1.0.3

The system requeriments: support MAC OS 10.4 or superior

Thank you very much for the help

This version is 1.0.3

The system requeriments: support MAC OS 10.4 or superior

Thank you very much for the help

It should work. I don't know why it doesn't. I don't have a Mac with OS 10.4 to test it on. You probably need to contact Roxio's customer support.

I think I have find a work around for this bug, if you disconnect the USB dongle it seems to carry on. Working for me for now.

I sent a ticket with no response, I guess they can't work it out or be bothered to reply. Last product I purchase from Roxio.

I think I have find a work around for this bug, if you disconnect the USB dongle it seems to carry on. Working for me for now.

I sent a ticket with no response, I guess they can't work it out or be bothered to reply. Last product I purchase from Roxio.

Posting your so called solution to your supposed bug is not very helpful. Do you even bother to read what the OPs problem is before posting your silly response.

Posting your so called solution to your supposed bug is not very helpful. Do you even bother to read what the OPs problem is before posting your silly response.

I read the heading 'VHS to DVD does not work', if OP had the same problem I had with it not working they would read this thread and hopefully find this helpful. Its not a so called called solution it works, thank you very much. better then your solution to this problem and I quote "I don't know what to suggest. Hopefully it eventually continues to the next step."

I read the heading 'VHS to DVD does not work', if OP had the same problem I had with it not working they would read this thread and hopefully find this helpful. Its not a so called called solution it works, thank you very much. better then your solution to this problem and I quote "I don't know what to suggest. Hopefully it eventually continues to the next step."

It is a "so called solution" since it has absolutely noting to do with the OP's problem. Its obvious you never read the post but only the subject line. How does removing the "dongle" prevent the message "" this EyeTV version needs MAC OSX 10.4 or Superior " from appearing?

Where do you get that supposed quote? Not from any post in this thread :blink:

Edited by myguggi

oops my fault, noob. was looking at user group as user name. apologies. Your right it has nothing to do with the thread but thought if people had problems they might scroll through this to see if anyone had mentioned this problem. I guess they don't do that on this forum. Apologies again. Thanks for the advise was a bit upset about not being able to get it working and over exited about finding a solution just trying to help.