• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu displays wrong...

rrfoshee

Question

Help. I try to create a DVD and it displays the menus wrong after burning and playback, whether in my computer or television. The title looks fine, it's in the correct color (white in this case) but the "choose" part of the title (blue) displays about 1/2 of the title over and it looks wrong. Any help. There are usually two titles on my main page and the blue "choose" part never seems to display right.

rrfoshee

2 answers to this question

I have had the same problem with the menu text highlights not showing up in a DVD project. It works within the program preview. But when I play the DVD in a player, you cannot tell what text menu is highlighted. Then I saw a posting from someone who had figured out that if you use the Quality setting HQ, it will work. But in any other setting it does not work. I have been trying for months to Roxio Support to acknowledge and fix the problem. No luck yet. So until then, you will have to burn all DVD projects in the Quality setting HQ or you will not be able to use the text highlights for the menu selections.

Edited by LBT

I have had the same problem with the menu text highlights not showing up in a DVD project. It works within the program preview. But when I play the DVD in a player, you cannot tell what text menu is highlighted. Then I saw a posting from someone who had figured out that if you use the Quality setting HQ, it will work. But in any other setting it does not work. I have been trying for months to Roxio Support to acknowledge and fix the problem. No luck yet. So until then, you will have to burn all DVD projects in the Quality setting HQ or you will not be able to use the text highlights for the menu selections.

I would never even consider using any other setting than HQ :rolleyes:

But your statement is not completely true. I have done many DVDs using lower quality settings as tests and there was no problems. It seems to be a combination of several parameters that cause the "menu highlights" problem such as time length of video, the video card, software/hardware render setting and maybe others.