• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need Help with Menu for VCD!

kqawami

Question

Okay...It's me again. I created a VCD (becuase I just found out I do not have a DVD burner) of still pictures in MyDVD. Everthing is great except the menu. The root menu which links my slideshow has a number 1 in front of it. All I want is the word Play or better yet, I don't even need that, just a Title, which I have. I tried taking the number 1 off, and typing the word play, but when I preview, the number 1 still appears. When I right click to delete it, it says I will lose the movie/show I have linked to this button. How can I just have a menu with a title on it (Ex. Vacations) with NO buttons to press. So in other words, I want to know how can I make it where when I put the CD in the DVD player, the menu page will come up, and then when I press play on the remote the slideshow will start. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!! Oh, I even tried choosing other menu's, same problem....

5 answers to this question

Sorry you can not do that with a VCD. Why? Because you have to hit the NUMBER to make it play. That's the way VCD works. VCD menus do not navigate like a DVD menu.

Make sure your DVD player will play VCDs. Some won't. If it does, you will have to use the NUMBERS on the DVD player remote to start the video.

No I meant with ANY SOFTWARE. The VCD standard has always been NUMBERS to activate the play function. I didn't say you couldn't have menus or thumbnails. The original poster didn't want the number.

EMC isn't the only software that I've used or own. If you know of a way to create a VCD WIHOUT using the the numbers, please share.

I revisited this and you are correct Gary. The OP wanted a menu.

Nerovision.jpg

I tested 4 VCD and one SVCD, don't know about the standards just what I have.

I didn't do menus I took my AVI/MPG videos and placed them in TMPGenc and encode them into a VCD compliant format.

Loaded that into Easy CD Creator 4.0 Deluxe & 5 Platinum no menu burn. Nero 5.5 SVCD no menu burn. Put in the DVD player let it load hit play( No # navigation needed) .

In Nero you could add a AUTORUN.INF to VCD and SVCD.

If I remember correct EasyCD had to have ( _Play.asx ) file to AUTORUN.

cdanteek

I think Gary meant not with this software, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nero Vision Express and VCDEasy to name a few. VCD with Menu, Animated Thumbnails, video (image) background and chapters.

I have did this but its been a long time ago.

http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?howtoselect=3;27#3;27

cdanteek

No I meant with ANY SOFTWARE. The VCD standard has always been NUMBERS to activate the play function. I didn't say you couldn't have menus or thumbnails. The original poster didn't want the number.

EMC isn't the only software that I've used or own. If you know of a way to create a VCD WIHOUT using the the numbers, please share.

Guest ivanatrox

cdanteek, I think OP and Gary wanted to remove the "1." from the "1. Chapter 1" and so on.

btw, Saint Seiya was really cool back in the days...

Archived