• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I don't want Audio to fade out and in when I simply split a shot.

bobthenewguy

Question

I have filmed a marching band playing a song. At a certain measure, I split the shot so that I could drop the video portion of it to black, and AS THE AUDIO CONTINUES, splice in different shots with video only. The song should continue uninterupted. Whenever I split a shot, the audio fades out for a fraction of a second and then back in on the next portion of the same shot. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Or am I doing the wrong thing to get what I want?

5 answers to this question

I have filmed a marching band playing a song. At a certain measure, I split the shot so that I could drop the video portion of it to black, and AS THE AUDIO CONTINUES, splice in different shots with video only. The song should continue uninterupted. Whenever I split a shot, the audio fades out for a fraction of a second and then back in on the next portion of the same shot. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Or am I doing the wrong thing to get what I want?

Don't split; add the other images/videos as overlay; keep it full screen.

Obviously if you split a video and insert some other video you will have a audio gap. To achieve what you want you will have to work with an overlay as Steve has recommended. That will of course mean that you will not be able to see the original video. You can of course make the overlay as a Picture-in-Picture, that is, keep the main video full screen but reduce the overlay in size to a fraction of the screen.

Obviously if you split a video and insert some other video you will have a audio gap. To achieve what you want you will have to work with an overlay as Steve has recommended. That will of course mean that you will not be able to see the original video. You can of course make the overlay as a Picture-in-Picture, that is, keep the main video full screen but reduce the overlay in size to a fraction of the screen.

Can you point me in the right direction for making a PIP overlay of video on video or video on a series of slides. Is there a demo clip or a set of instructions somewhere?

Can you point me in the right direction for making a PIP overlay of video on video or video on a series of slides. Is there a demo clip or a set of instructions somewhere?

That is pretty much Video Wave 101. Add the main clip, move the scrubber (vertical line) to where you want the overlay to start, select add video (or image). When you select that, you will get a message that asks where do you want it, select overlay. You can then adjust the overlay as to size - red box around the overlay, the precise location, and you can edit it for length. Make sure that you keep selecting the overlay -dotted box around it or you will get an error message or will edit your main track.

That is pretty much Video Wave 101. Add the main clip, move the scrubber (vertical line) to where you want the overlay to start, select add video (or image). When you select that, you will get a message that asks where do you want it, select overlay. You can then adjust the overlay as to size - red box around the overlay, the precise location, and you can edit it for length. Make sure that you keep selecting the overlay -dotted box around it or you will get an error message or will edit your main track.

Had never used the menu item for ADD video/image since I always drag and drop...so had never seen those choices. Thanks. Was able to use the feature with no trouble. Think I can use the insert as overlay option to easily combine the video from two cameras operated during the church service...a future ambition. Also want to upload the service, at least the sermon (20min), to church website. Saw another of your posts concerning flv and went to your site to look at one. downloaded 8 min in less than 1 min (flowers).