• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burned DVD will not play OS 10.6

Thibojb2

Question

Recently captured and burned to DVD a VHS tape using the just purchased Easy VHS to DVD for Mac on a macbook pro using OS 10.6.2. Capture went well and at end of recording. went directly to Toast for a DVD burn which also went well. BUT, when I tried to playback the DVD on another imac with OS 10.6.2, the initial picture and title show up but there is no playback. DVD player seems to want to start but nothing happens. I purchased from Apple the MPEG-2 playback component for Quicktime but that did not help either. Any advice as I find it very difficult to contact someone at Roxio?

Thibojb2

3 answers to this question

I solved my problem. Did not realize that the encoded transfer was in MPEG 2, which plays in my BLU Ray DVD players, BUT NOT on my apple imac with 10.6.2. After some research, I realized that the "easy vhs to mac" allowed me to ALSO change the transferred tape to quicktime format--.mp4-- and this WILL play on my computer.

Thanks for any comments from the forum.

Thibojb2