Burning to mydvd

anthonyBaio@msn.com

Question

I have made my production in video wave and sent to mydvd and try to send it to dvdexpress. but the error message come up (the project is larger than the disk) it is saying that I do not have enough room on the dvd. But I do. Also When I try to burn to the dvd the error message said (the estmated size is larger than the disc capacity.If you continue ,content may be truncated.

Anthony

6 answers to this question

I have made my production in video wave and sent to mydvd and try to send it to dvdexpress. but the error message come up (the project is larger than the disk) it is saying that I do not have enough room on the dvd. But I do. Also When I try to burn to the dvd the error message said (the estmated size is larger than the disc capacity.If you continue ,content may be truncated.

Anthony

First of all don't use DVDExpress, stick with myDVD. (FYI, DVDexpress has been dropped from the latest version of Roxio, Creator 2010)

Forget about "sizes" and instead think in time. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at best (HQ) quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

So, how long in time is your production?

You could "burn" to an iso image file and then use Video Copy and Convert to burn that video to a DVD. VCC will transcode the video to fit on the disc.

First of all don't use DVDExpress, stick with myDVD. (FYI, DVDexpress has been dropped from the latest version of Roxio, Creator 2010)

Forget about "sizes" and instead think in time. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at best (HQ) quality. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

So, how long in time is your production?

You could "burn" to an iso image file and then use Video Copy and Convert to burn that video to a DVD. VCC will transcode the video to fit on the disc.

Hi that's for the help. this is what the message said when I try to burn. (Estimated size of project is 1839.5MB and the Capacity of current disk is 4700MB) so you see I have more than enough space. I'am about to give up will Roxio. Any suggestion?

Hi that's for the help. this is what the message said when I try to burn. (Estimated size of project is 1839.5MB and the Capacity of current disk is 4700MB) so you see I have more than enough space. I'am about to give up will Roxio. Any suggestion?

I repeat what Steve and I stated: forget about file size, its the time of the video that matters.

So we ask again, how long in time is your video?

I repeat what Steve and I stated: forget about file size, its the time of the video that matters.

So we ask again, how long in time is your video?

My Video is about 24 minutes long so I have enough time left. I have try just about everything. I have not had any success making a copy.

thank you your time

Anthony Baio