• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Conversion Media Selector Hangs Every Time

DianaG

Question

I am trying to convert mp4's to the mp3 format. Have done this successfully a few times with Creator 10, but now every single time that I open the audio batch convert & transfer and then choose "add files" and the selector opens, as soon as I move the scroll bar in the media selector to find the correct drive or file, the media selector hangs and eventually says "not responding". I then have to close it down.

I am running Vista 32, with a relatively recent install of Creator 10. I tried to installl teh recent servicepack, but got a message saying I had teh most recent files already.

Am super frustrated in case anyone has any advice.

4 answers to this question

I am trying to convert mp4's to the mp3 format. Have done this successfully a few times with Creator 10, but now every single time that I open the audio batch convert & transfer and then choose "add files" and the selector opens, as soon as I move the scroll bar in the media selector to find the correct drive or file, the media selector hangs and eventually says "not responding". I then have to close it down.

I am running Vista 32, with a relatively recent install of Creator 10. I tried to installl teh recent servicepack, but got a message saying I had teh most recent files already.

Am super frustrated in case anyone has any advice.

Are you talikning about m4a files. These are audio files; typically mp4s are video files. Are they downloaded files that may have DRM protection?

Please don't abbreviate; is it 2010? A simple Creator 10 gets people confused with EMC 10.

Try making sure you have done this and then do a repair via Windows Add or Remove Programs. It sound like a partial bad install.

What else are you running at the same time? What anti-virus? Where did you get the mp4 files?

Edited by sknis

Are you talikning about m4a files. These are audio files; typically mp4s are video files. Are they downloaded files that may have DRM protection?

Please don't abbreviate; is it 2010? A simple Creator 10 gets people confused with EMC 10.

Try making sure you have done this and then do a repair via Windows Add or Remove Programs. It sound like a partial bad install.

What else are you running at the same time? What anti-virus? Where did you get the mp4 files?

Yes these are m4a files - they are audiobook chapters originally ripped into Itunes (installed on another computer). Should not have DRM protection - they were downloaded from free sites like Librivox.

And sorry - I meant Creator 2010.

Will foloow the procedures outlined in the link you provided. Thanks!

Yes these are m4a files - they are audiobook chapters originally ripped into Itunes (installed on another computer). Should not have DRM protection - they were downloaded from free sites like Librivox.

And sorry - I meant Creator 2010.

Will foloow the procedures outlined in the link you provided. Thanks!

If you ripped them into the iTunes library, it is possible that it added DRM to the files. I say possilbe, because I have heard of that happening, but I have not experienced the problem.

Yeah, Media Selector hangs up in my Windows 7/64 bit install also under same/similar circumstances. Any module that links to media selector seems to dump the program into "not responding" mode. I've uninstalled and reinstalled following various instructions from in here with no success, so far.

If you ripped them into the iTunes library, it is possible that it added DRM to the files. I say possilbe, because I have heard of that happening, but I have not experienced the problem.

Based on some info in other threads, it appears that making sure you actually have recorded media in all your optical drives before you launch ensures that Media Selector finds itself pointing at a drive with actual material on it to display when it opens up. This seems to keep it happy and working.

Edited by rich86