• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 6 problem in new PC

forlino

Can anyone help with some advice? I just got a new HP PC (Compaq 6000 NV470UT) and it has IE8. My old HP computer had IE6. I installed my CD for Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 (a very simple Roxio version which I like very much) but when I try the first choice (just the simple Disc Copy function), it says "Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders. Please ensure your recorder is properly connected. If the problem persists, please reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator." I tried reinstalling it twice already, to no avail. I also get this error message a bit later: "Driver information for your recorder could not be detected. To ensure your recorder works optimally with Easy CD Creator, we recommend downloading the information from the Roxio web site. Click OK to download the driver information from the Roxio web site. NOTE: We recommend users to connect to the Internet before clicking OK."

I think I did click OK and went through the process but I recall that I still couldn't seem to make the regular "Disc Copy" feature work.

This problem happens whether I use my external burner or the internal CD tray (BOTH of which work just fine when playing discs).

The program was working fine in my old PC.

Could it possibly have something to do with IE8 -- does anyone have any ideas? Should I try switching to IE7? Is there some driver that I'm missing in my PC that I need to install? I don't know much about computers unfortunately! Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Paul Miller

Can anyone help with some advice? I just got a new HP PC (Compaq 6000 NV470UT) and it has IE8. My old HP computer had IE6. I installed my CD for Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 (a very simple Roxio version which I like very much) but when I try the first choice (just the simple Disc Copy function), it says "Disc Copier could not detect any supported recorders. Please ensure your recorder is properly connected. If the problem persists, please reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator." I tried reinstalling it twice already, to no avail. I also get this error message a bit later: "Driver information for your recorder could not be detected. To ensure your recorder works optimally with Easy CD Creator, we recommend downloading the information from the Roxio web site. Click OK to download the driver information from the Roxio web site. NOTE: We recommend users to connect to the Internet before clicking OK."

I think I did click OK and went through the process but I recall that I still couldn't seem to make the regular "Disc Copy" feature work.

This problem happens whether I use my external burner or the internal CD tray (BOTH of which work just fine when playing discs).

Could it possibly have something to do with IE8 -- does anyone have any ideas? Should I try switching to IE7? Is there some driver that I'm missing in my PC that I need to install? I don't know much about computers unfortunately! Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Paul Miller

Presumably your new PC came with an installed Operating System - most likely either Vista or Win 7.

The earliest Version to work with Vista is EMC 9.1, and the earliest Version to work with Win 7 is Creator 2010 (the equivalent of EMC 12 if they hadn't changed the naming system).

Further, it is likely that the Version which came with your old HP was an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, and often those are modified so they will only run on the computer they came with.

If your new computer can't do what you want without a third-party burning program (which probably means advanced Video), you will need to get a newer program.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

As Lynn says, the program might not be compatable with your new Windows operating system.

However, you might try the suggestion in this post

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry320420

Sometimes the older programs don't recognize the newer dvd burners and that's what the pxengine update does ( It's worked personally for me.)

Thanks a lot, Lynn. My new HP desktop came with XP Pro as well as with an option (partition, plus software) to load Windows 7. It opened up initially with XP and I left it like that since I like XP a lot and it's actually the reason I bought the PC and also since the processor speed is high (3.16 GHz).

Actually re my first PC, I purchased in Dec. 2003 and it came with a very simple version of "Record Now" and I think it was only a couple years ago that I added Roxio.

I just don't know what to do. I really like Roxio 6, and being a classical music collector all I basically want to do is copy, say, a CD-R that someone's made for me and quickly burn an extra copy onto a blank CD, without saving any files or anything on my PC or doing any sort of editing and so forth.

If only I could solve this problem. I'm willing to try switching to IE7 (or even IE6!) if that'd make the "Disc Copy" function operate. I've never tried going from one browser to another but a friend at work explained to me briefly how to do it but if I do decide to do it I hope I don't screw up something.

For burning a DVD I like "1Click DVD Copy".... works well (although actually I believe I do recall using Roxio-6 for copying a DVD a couple times).

And thanks also, ml, for your suggestion too, which I just noticed. I'll check out the link. However when you said that "sometimes the older programs don't recognize the newer dvd burners", the only thing that perplexes me is that, on my OLD PC, my Roxio-6 worked fine with a new LG external burner I recently got.

Paul

Email addresses removed per user request

Presumably your new PC came with an installed Operating System - most likely either Vista or Win 7.

The earliest Version to work with Vista is EMC 9.1, and the earliest Version to work with Win 7 is Creator 2010 (the equivalent of EMC 12 if they hadn't changed the naming system).

Further, it is likely that the Version which came with your old HP was an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, and often those are modified so they will only run on the computer they came with.

If your new computer can't do what you want without a third-party burning program (which probably means advanced Video), you will need to get a newer program.

Lynn

March 13 -- 9:12 PM

Paul Miller

Edited by Larry

Thanks a lot, Lynn. My new HP desktop came with XP Pro as well as with an option (partition, plus software) to load Windows 7. It opened up initially with XP and I left it like that since I like XP a lot and it's actually the reason I bought the PC and also since the processor speed is high (3.16 GHz).

Actually re my first PC, I purchased in Dec. 2003 and it came with a very simple version of "Record Now" and I think it was only a couple years ago that I added Roxio.

I just don't know what to do. I really like Roxio 6, and being a classical music collector all I basically want to do is copy, say, a CD-R that someone's made for me and quickly burn an extra copy onto a blank CD, without saving any files or anything on my PC or doing any sort of editing and so forth.

If only I could solve this problem. I'm willing to try switching to IE7 (or even IE6!) if that'd make the "Disc Copy" function operate. I've never tried going from one browser to another but a friend at work explained to me briefly how to do it but if I do decide to do it I hope I don't screw up something.

For burning a DVD I like "1Click DVD Copy".... works well (although actually I believe I do recall using Roxio-6 for copying a DVD a couple times).

And thanks also, ml, for your suggestion too, which I just noticed. I'll check out the link. However when you said that "sometimes the older programs don't recognize the newer dvd burners", the only thing that perplexes me is that, on my OLD PC, my Roxio-6 worked fine with a new LG external burner I recently got.

Paul

EMAIL ADDRESSES DELETED !!

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. I'd suggest you REMOVE your email addresses. The volunteers who answer questisons here aren't going to use their personal email accounts to answer you - answers are given publicly so all can benefit from the answers.

However, by this time it is very likely that both of lyour email addresses have been picked up.

Beyond that, if all you are doing is copying an occasional CD - have you tried the built-in CD burning capacity of WinXP and WinPlayer? WinXP can't burn DVDs, but data DVDs were added with Vista, and I'm not sure what more was added in Win7.

Lynn

I'm going to check about what you said re the built-in CD burning capacity of WinXP and WinPlayer. I have Windows Media Player 11 but don't like it as much as 10. I'll see if there's a way to burn a music CD through Windows Media Player though I've never tried that before. I still would love to see eventually if my switching from IE8 to IE7 would make my Roxio work the way it did before.

Could you me do me a favor? Sorry for the inconvenience..... but I notice you deleted my e-mail addresses and wrote

EMAIL ADDRESSES DELETED!! Could you possibly also delete it from the end of the other previous window as well (the one that begins: "YESTERDAY: 12:23 PM")? That would help me.

I'm not going to post my e-mail address in a forum again(!) and appreciate that advice.

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. I'd suggest you REMOVE your email addresses. The volunteers who answer questisons here aren't going to use their personal email accounts to answer you - answers are given publicly so all can benefit from the answers.

However, by this time it is very likely that both of lyour email addresses have been picked up.

Beyond that, if all you are doing is copying an occasional CD - have you tried the built-in CD burning capacity of WinXP and WinPlayer? WinXP can't burn DVDs, but data DVDs were added with Vista, and I'm not sure what more was added in Win7.

Lynn

QUOTE (forlino @ Mar 15 2010, 11:23 AM)

Paul

EMAIL ADDRESSES DELETED !!