• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I copy DVD

Rabbiitpie

Question

I've succesfully copied VHS tape to DVD and would now like to make a second copy of the DVD - is there a way to copy it without having to go through the whole procedure of playing the VHS tape again. I have tried downloading the created DVD to my hard drive and then burning to a blank DVD but the system will not recognize the files. The original created dvd plays fine on both PC and DVD player. I am using Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

7 answers to this question

I've succesfully copied VHS tape to DVD and would now like to make a second copy of the DVD - is there a way to copy it without having to go through the whole procedure of playing the VHS tape again. I have tried downloading the created DVD to my hard drive and then burning to a blank DVD but the system will not recognize the files. The original created dvd plays fine on both PC and DVD player. I am using Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

If you copy the contents from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive My DVD should recognize the files so you could you burn them again..

Another way download the free small ImgBurn program, # 9 in my signature. It will rip the DVD to a image file then use ImgBurn to burn the image file back to as many DVD';s as you would like.

9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: 2.5.0.0 CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application

cd

If you copy the contents from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive My DVD should recognize the files so you could you burn them again..

Another way download the free small ImgBurn program, # 9 in my signature. It will rip the DVD to a image file then use ImgBurn to burn the image file back to as many DVD';s as you would like.

9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: 2.5.0.0 CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application

cd

Thanks for trying to help. I downloaded Imgburn - it said it was copying the DVD then I put in blank DVd, clicked Burn and it told me there were 'no files saved'. Looks like I'll have to buy some DVD copying software.

Thanks for trying to help. I downloaded Imgburn - it said it was copying the DVD then I put in blank DVd, clicked Burn and it told me there were 'no files saved'. Looks like I'll have to buy some DVD copying software.

ImgBurn is DVD copying software. Copy the DVD to an image file and then burn the image file to your DVD. Nothing could be simpler :rolleyes:

ImgBurn is DVD copying software. Copy the DVD to an image file and then burn the image file to your DVD. Nothing could be simpler :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm completely new to Windows 7. Where will I find the image file that Imgburn saved? I've looked in my videos/pictures/downloads etc but can't find anything. I'm finding it a lot harder to find my way round than I did with XP.

Rabbitpie,

When you first run ImgBurn, select "Write Image File to Disc". You can find where the image file will be saved by clicking on the top bar 'Tools' > Settings, and then clicking on the 'File Locations' tab. The one you want is second from the top, Image files. It's probably in your Documents folder.

After you've made the image file, go to the top bar again, Mode > Write, and select your ISO by navigating to it.

Rabbitpie,

When you first run ImgBurn, select "Write Image File to Disc". You can find where the image file will be saved by clicking on the top bar 'Tools' > Settings, and then clicking on the 'File Locations' tab. The one you want is second from the top, Image files. It's probably in your Documents folder.

After you've made the image file, go to the top bar again, Mode > Write, and select your ISO by navigating to it.

Thank you so much for that clear information. I have now 'read' the DVD created by Roxio 'Easy VHS to DVD' and written it to a blank DVD. This new DVD plays perfectly on both Pc and Home TV. Also followed you're instructions and have found where the files are stored in the Users folder. Only about 18 more 3hr VHS tapes to copy!!

Go well with that task.

Since you'll be wanting the best quality from your tape, may I suggest you limit your DVDs to an hour or at most two hours per disc. After that the compression needed to fit the video to disc drops the output quality quite noticeably.