• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

burning issue

cp1959

Help. I tried 4 times to burn my project - it shut down fatally each time. I downloaded every update I could find - rebooted - now it only give me the option to save the project to hard disk. What am I doing wrong?

Need some more details:

What exact version do you have?(there are different ones around)

What O/S do you have?

Did it ever work?

Burn what, data/music....burn a CD or DVD?

What application are you using?

etc,etc,etc............

Help. I tried 4 times to burn my project - it shut down fatally each time. I downloaded every update I could find - rebooted - now it only give me the option to save the project to hard disk. What am I doing wrong?

You will have to supply a lot more information for starters.

What kind of project: audio, video data? What program from the suite are you using? What are your system specs?

• 6 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=320597:date=Mar 14 2010, 04:22 PM:name=cp1959)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cp1959 @ Mar 14 2010, 04:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320597"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Help. I tried 4 times to burn my project - it shut down fatally each time. I downloaded every update I could find - rebooted - now it only give me the option to save the project to hard disk. What am I doing wrong?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You will have to supply a lot more information for starters.

What kind of project: audio, video data? What program from the suite are you using? What are your system specs?

I have a similar issue with v6. This version has been on this machine since I bought it. Always worked great, even made DVD's, SVCD's with it and CDs. Now, I bought a Blackberry phone a couple years ago and the software was some Roxio program bundled with it. Of course I needed it Roxio Media Manager in order to view my photos, videos etc...on my phone to add or delete them quicker. Once this program was on my machine it hijacked my Creator6. It never worked after that. I've been going nuts. Because I can't burn a DVD at all. I can Drag to Disc and it works fine with CD's or DVD's as data files. But If I want to make a DVD that actually players in a player it goes through every video for encoding, finishes, then I see it start to do the final process for the menu and BAM... Error, then followed by "There's been a problem and Roxio needs to close, then up pops the "Do you want to send a report crap!"

I removed the Roxio Media Manager and uninstalled all my Blackberry software. Still doesn't work. Yet on my work computer which is a crap assed DELL office unit with both versions of software installed it works fine.

This is a DELL XPS400 Dual Core with 4Gb Ram, 250Gb internal HD, CD-RW, DVD Rom, external Lacie DVD-R/DVD+R Burner running firewire to a 3 port pyro firewire card. Also on my machine is DigiDesign ProTools, NewTek SpeedEdit, and various video and graphics programs and a external G-Tech 500Gb Firewire HDD.

I can't figure this out. Need help. I want my burning of DVD's back to back up video editing projects.