• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2-HOUR VIDEO

CJJr

Question

I have a video that is 110 minutes in length. I am unable to get ROXIO's "VHS to DVD" program to capture greater than 108 minutes. What am I able to do?

1. The "Plug and Burn" feature will allow me to place the 'dot' on either the 1-hour or 1 1/2 hour videos, but NOT the 2-hour option!

2. Will the double capacity 8.5 GB DVD allow me to video for that length?

3. If "Yes" to the 8.5 GB DVD, will ALL DVD players allow me to VIEW it?

Is the ROXIO program outdated, like the VHS format? Please advise. Thanks...

5 answers to this question

I have a video that is 110 minutes in length. I am unable to get ROXIO's "VHS to DVD" program to capture greater than 108 minutes. What am I able to do?

1. The "Plug and Burn" feature will allow me to place the 'dot' on either the 1-hour or 1 1/2 hour videos, but NOT the 2-hour option!

Don't use plug and burn use Media import...

cd

Capture in 1 hour segments. Trying to put 2 hours of VHS video on a 60 minute DVD will give crappy quality.

My first ver of v2d captured 7 hrs last night. over 100GB worth. Try looking to see that your capture length box is not checked. Sounds like it is set to 1hr8min. Uncheck it and it will capture as long as there is a signal.

My first ver of v2d captured 7 hrs last night. over 100GB worth. Try looking to see that your capture length box is not checked. Sounds like it is set to 1hr8min. Uncheck it and it will capture as long as there is a signal.

So what are you going to do with a 100GB file? :blink:

So what are you going to do with a 100GB file? :blink:

Well, here is the scoop on that. when cap from vcr you loose signal right the cap stops. WELL!! I was capturing using component cables from a hi8 camcorder and didn't set the time limiter. WEnt to bed, next day, you guessed it, still capturing.... ahahahahaha over 7hrs. 2hrs of video 5hrs of blue screen.