Roxio Support For Duplicators

Dsnap55

Question

I am looking at purchasing a new A/V capture and duplication system for a church. All equipment would be new and one of the pieces would be a Microboards MX-2 CD/DVD publisher. Will Creator 2010 support this or would I use it for authoring and then copy the file into the Microboards publishing software? Also, does Creator 2010 have any scheduling abilities for video capture?

4 answers to this question

I am looking at purchasing a new A/V capture and duplication system for a church. All equipment would be new and one of the pieces would be a Microboards MX-2 CD/DVD publisher. Will Creator 2010 support this or would I use it for authoring and then copy the file into the Microboards publishing software? Also, does Creator 2010 have any scheduling abilities for video capture?

I looked at all the literature from Microboards and they never listed acceptable formats for the video files. I'm afraid that you would have to ask Microboards.

Typically mpg2 files are the format used for standard DVDs. Of course Roxio can make mpg2 files. Of course you could also make a disc or ISO (image file) in Creator 2010 and then use the copy disc function. The advantage of that is that you would be able to design and use your own menus. Is that available in the PrintWrite program? Have you download it and tried it on some video files you now have?

Like Steve, I looked over thier site and I would suspect that the included software, which is designed to work with the machine, is going to be your best bet.

I don't have time to test it out, but you can download their software now and run it through its' paces – Here

Why don't you try that first and see if you see any shortcomings that Roxio might address???

It will never be able to use the Roxio Project files, dmsm, dmsd or jwl files but it will be able to use mpeg files from VideoWave and possibly utilize an ISO, VOB or disc copy of a DVD produced by MyDVD…

Try their software and make some mini productions first. Then you might spot some specific troublesome area.

Thank you for your help. I am going to do as suggested and download the software and see what it will take to create a project. My goal is to keep things simple as I will not be the only one operating the system. I will come back in a couple of days with some answers.

Thank you for your help. I am going to do as suggested and download the software and see what it will take to create a project. My goal is to keep things simple as I will not be the only one operating the system. I will come back in a couple of days with some answers.

Good!

Like to know what you find out.