• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Remove Creator 9?

Catsnkites

Question

I installed Roxio Creator 2010.

I wasn't thinking and didn't remove Creator 9 first .... I just figured it would remove what it didn't need update what it did.

Now, it appears that I have both running on my system. Should I keep "9"? I do have files I made 9, but shouldn't 2010 open them?

Can I un-install 9 without affecting 2010?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I installed Roxio Creator 2010.

I wasn't thinking and didn't remove Creator 9 first .... I just figured it would remove what it didn't need update what it did.

Now, it appears that I have both running on my system. Should I keep "9"? I do have files I made 9, but shouldn't 2010 open them?

Thanks!

INstalling C2010 would have no effect on EMC 9 since C2010 is a completely different package, not an update. EMC 9 is about 3 years old and 3 versions back.

Project files from EMC 9 are not compatible with C2010.

Thanks!

I hate to be a doomsayer, but with the installation/uninstallation difficulties some users are having, I would urge you to consider if you NEED to disturb the situation.

If things are working properly it might be safer to leave things alone, rather than risk breaking one or both of them.

Aside from that, there is not a lot of backward compatibility between versions. Any labels created in one version definitely won't work in the other, but I don't know about other saved files.

Is it confirmed that 2009 files are not compatible with 2010?

I installed 2010 without uninstalling 2009 as well.

Are you talking about projects? You can open them but most people have lost all the transitions and other niceties in their Video Wave projects. You essentially start from scratch. Of course if you then try to open them in the older version, they will not work.

Roxio has been terrible in making their old projects compatible with new versions. It seems like they never build on success but try to change things for the sake of changing.