• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does Creator 2010 burn Windows 7 TV or not?

ejbSF

Question

I was about to finally upgrade my ancient MYDVD software to Creator 2010, but looking at the specs I do not see anything indicating the program can read and write Windows 7 Media Center's "Windows Recorded TV Show (.wtv)" format.

Last time I contacted Roxio (version 9 was out) they said version 10 would do so.

So, what's going on? Is there Windows 7 Media Center support or not?

Thanks

ejbSF

5 answers to this question

No, MyDVD will not see .wtv files but just use the built in 'convert to dvr-ms' and it will work just fine with it.

Many programs are still having problems with the .wtv container. Even the one's who support it will tell you it's not 100% yet. You're much better off for now, using dvr-ms.

No, MyDVD will not see .wtv files but just use the built in 'convert to dvr-ms' and it will work just fine with it.

Many programs are still having problems with the .wtv container. Even the one's who support it will tell you it's not 100% yet. You're much better off for now, using dvr-ms.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the built-in converter in Win 7, or is there one in MyDVD?

Sounds like I'll wait until Roxio 2011 comes out. Sigh.

Edited by ejbSF

I mean the one built into W7. No reason to use anything else really.

I use VideoReDo to cut commercials out of these files and even though they now support wtv, it rarely works well. If I use the same file and convert to dvr-ms first, I always get what I need. Yes it's an extra step but most of my 1 hour recordings only take about 5 minutes to convert so it's not that bad.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the built-in converter in Win 7, or is there one in MyDVD?

Sounds like I'll wait until Roxio 2011 comes out. Sigh.

Just right click on the .wtv files in windows explorer. This will provide you option to convert it to dvr-ms and make it ready for Creator 2010. BTW W7 was released much after the release of Creator 2010. So yes, if you intend to have it use natively, you could wait for Creator 2011 ;)

Edited by firenhancer

BTW W7 was released much after the release of Creator 2010. So yes, if you intend to have it use natively, you could wait for Creator 2011 ;)

Now that I think about it, I was using Win 7 RC when I asked.

Thanks for the help. I'm waiting for Creator 2011.

Ed