• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and Reinstall

outerbank

Question

Creator 2009 Central finally launches after performing the necessary steps of a complete uninstall of Creator 2009, and after uninstalling various dotNET Framework files, and subsequent reinstall of the software. This is not a task for the average user of this software. Nor is there cohesive information provided by Roxio about installing this software after uninstalling it. Allow me to explain from a novice's perspective.

Roxio Knowledgebase Article: 000206CR is sufficient for completely uninstalling all Roxio related files when it is decided to just uninstall the software.

Roxio Knowledgebase Article: 000080GN is sufficient in terms of describing how to prepare a computer for installing Roxio products, when it is a new installation.

However, things become foggy when one experiences a glitch in the software and needs to first uninstall the software, followed by a reinstallation. For example, 000206CR explains quite explicitly the steps required to completely uninstall the software. To the best of my knowledge there is not a Knowledgebase Article that describes the steps necessary to reinstall the software after an uninstall. I rest my case on the number of postings on the forum by individuals who have not been able to launch Creator 2009 even after performing a complete uninstall. Why? Because it is not readily apparent that certain dotNet Framework files must be deleted before reinstalling the software. Sure, one can find any number of postings sprinkled about the forum related to the deletion of these files. And they appear on a fairly regular basis over many months. Moreover, it is apparent that many users of this software that have found a need to uninstall and then reinstall the software, and have made numerous failed attempts, were obviously unaware of this most important step. That is, the deletion of these dotNet framework files. It doesn't seem logical that an individual would have to search through the support forum to find this information and then wonder if this is applicable to his/her problem. Why it doesn't appear within a Knowledgebase article seems ludicrous. Or at least, that it is not a pinned item on the forum, such as the Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009.

If I'm off base with my comments I'll apologize, when someone shows me otherwise.

Even though it has been a frustrating experience getting Creator 2009 back in operation, I must thank those who have provided their help.

4 answers to this question

This may help me. I did the uninstall and reinstall 6 times on Windows XP SP3 system and still get rejections opening Videowave or MyDVD " certificate missing or corrupt.."

Please lead me to the link about removing the dotNET files ! I have no idea where I saw that same issue on this forum.

I am hoping I can salvage this old Creator 2009 ont his old XP machine after all!

THANKS TO ALL.

SYSTEM :

VAIO PCG V505EX, Pentium D 1.5 Ghz, 512 RAM, Windows SP3, framework is .Net ver 3.5, HDD 60 gB, running Creator 2009 SP4.

Basically you need to remove both dotNET 2, 3 and 3.5 - and then do the Roxio installation. Let it add its own files and then, if necessary, do the MS updates

There was something in 3.5 SP1 that caused a major glitch

Fortunately for you, gi7omy has provided an answer to your problem. Unfortunately, another person that goes to this support forum at some future point may encounter the same frustration that you've experienced because the solution provided is not pinned to one main location for easy access. Instead, that person will have to search through the numerous support forum postings to find the solution, or post another question such as yours, which will then result in another response to the question such as that provided by gi7omy. And then it will begin again. This doesn't seem to be a very efficient way to conduct and/or manage a support forum.

Basically you need to remove both dotNET 2, 3 and 3.5 - and then do the Roxio installation. Let it add its own files and then, if necessary, do the MS updates

There was something in 3.5 SP1 that caused a major glitch

I "think" I've done this, and I still have problems. So, Roxio will add its own dotNET programs during installation. Now, do you go ahead and let the WinXP automatically update the dotNET files after Roxio is installed?

I've recently posted a few very lengthy messages about my own struggle with this. I cannot claim any success, yet. I've cleaned everything and I still get the same error about missing or corrupt certificate file.

Thanks,

keith