XA-Format what am I doing wrong?

djhotwheel

Question

I have tons of old archived video games that originally ripped with a PC using CDRwin [bin/cue and wav] files. Some of the files were done with Toast 5 way back in the day. Now I am trying to restore these old backups and not having success. I had no problems from my old Apple Performa and G3. Now I am running a PowerPC G5 and I cannot get the XA format CD's working properly again. HELP!

My files are .bin/.cue and audio. How do I again make them into 1 usable CD again? My originals are more than 1000 miles away packed I would love to get this right and this software is supposed to work.

5 answers to this question

OK here is an update of what I can figure out but confuses me.

In Toast 10:

Open: Multitrack XA,

ADD: title.iso

ADD: title02.aif (as many as needed)

BURN: The CD seems to make the burn complete but, the audio is not accessible to be played on anything. I can only read the data and not the audio.

I have tried this over and over. Wasted many CDs.

Why wont the mac mount the 2nd image of audio to the desktop?

Why doesn't Toast properly make the .AIF files into true red-book audio on the CD?

Is it possible for the Multi-Mode XA iso file to be added and then add audio to the "Audio" section and burn the CD together?

Let me update my concern.

I have an ISO [xa format] that needs to be burned with aif audio. I have tried Multimode but the ISO becomes burned as a MAC FORMAT not a ISO9660XA format. I have tried to do sessions with MultiModeXA by placing the ISO into it, burn it as a session and then finalize by burning the audio. It worked but, the system I need to use it in does not recognize it. I wish I could save a bin/cue for this and make my life easier.