Time line bar moves every time I make an action

JackSlade

Question

Why does the time line bar move to the start of the previous clip every time I, for instance, split a clip?

If I'm running two overlays how am I supposed to keep both clips lined up for splitting both in the same location if the timeline bar moves every time??

FRUSTRATED!

Any help would be appreciated!

3 answers to this question

Why does the time line bar move to the start of the previous clip every time I, for instance, split a clip?

If I'm running two overlays how am I supposed to keep both clips lined up for splitting both in the same location if the timeline bar moves every time??

FRUSTRATED!

Any help would be appreciated!

Then you are not using Creator 2010! :lol: It stays at the Split and portion to the left is selected when you Split…

Before:

post-39730-1268742182.jpg

After:

post-39730-1268742192.jpg

When you select a different clip on the Timeline, it does pop to the beginning of that clip. (I find that annoying)

post-39730-1268742202.jpg

However it is now an 'Object' and you can use the Select Object End icon to jump to the end…

post-39730-1268742211.jpg

There really is no "Good Way" to handle this that fits all situations… No matter how you do it, it will only fit good into one scenerio. :(

For the Overlay Split I do it in 2 steps…

First Split the clip on the Video Track.

Then use the above tips to precisely locate the Scrubber where I need it and select the Overlay and Split it.

Give that a try and see if that works for you. I can do some more screen caps if you need them. ;)

You've been more than helpful, but it's just an extremely annoying feature of 2010, I guess I'm used to higher end editing software :-(

Then you are not using Creator 2010! :lol: It stays at the Split and portion to the left is selected when you Split…

Before:

post-39730-1268742182.jpg

After:

post-39730-1268742192.jpg

When you select a different clip on the Timeline, it does pop to the beginning of that clip. (I find that annoying)

post-39730-1268742202.jpg

However it is now an 'Object' and you can use the Select Object End icon to jump to the end…

post-39730-1268742211.jpg

There really is no "Good Way" to handle this that fits all situations… No matter how you do it, it will only fit good into one scenerio. :(

For the Overlay Split I do it in 2 steps…

First Split the clip on the Video Track.

Then use the above tips to precisely locate the Scrubber where I need it and select the Overlay and Split it.

Give that a try and see if that works for you. I can do some more screen caps if you need them. ;)

You've been more than helpful, but it's just an extremely annoying feature of 2010, I guess I'm used to higher end editing software :-(

Software behaves the way it was written. You have to learn how to use the software, it does not adapt to your personal notion of how things should work…

Resistance is Futile!post-39730-1268826442.jpg :lol: