• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7

davidrog

I've been using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 for copying cd-rs quite often the past two years. I know it's legacy software, but it does the job and I'm happy with it. My problem involves the hard drive space that's used up in the ripping/burning process. I realize that Sonic DigitalMedia makes a temporary copy of the ripped disk, then burns that copy onto a blank cd-r, but I thought that the temp (ripped) copy would be automatically deleted after each disk is burned. That doesn't seem to be the case.

I always note the available free space on my hard drive before each disk-copying session, and there's always less free space available on it afterwards. When I open my Temp folder, I see many sub-folders with names that all start with "slu" (for example - slu62ad.tmp). There are at least 15 of these folders that range in size from 3,400 kb to 5,540 kb. There are many temp files with the "slu" prefix as well. Are these the elusive Sonic temp files/folders I've been searching for, and can I delete them without ruining other programs? BTW - There are no temp files in my Sonic folder.

I've been using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 for copying cd-rs quite often the past two years. I know it's legacy software, but it does the job and I'm happy with it. My problem involves the hard drive space that's used up in the ripping/burning process. I realize that Sonic DigitalMedia makes a temporary copy of the ripped disk, then burns that copy onto a blank cd-r, but I thought that the temp (ripped) copy would be automatically deleted after each disk is burned. That doesn't seem to be the case.

I always note the available free space on my hard drive before each disk-copying session, and there's always less free space available on it afterwards. When I open my Temp folder, I see many sub-folders with names that all start with "slu" (for example - slu62ad.tmp). There are at least 15 of these folders that range in size from 3,400 kb to 5,540 kb. There are many temp files with the "slu" prefix as well. Are these the elusive Sonic temp files/folders I've been searching for, and can I delete them without ruining other programs? BTW - There are no temp files in my Sonic folder.

Use CCleaner to remove the temp and tmp files. I thnk this will get them all.

Or, start run, Open: type, %temp%, click OK, opens C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Temp, Edit Select all, File Delete. A few will never delete that's not a problem tho..

If your running Vista or Windows 7, Google run button or restore run button in Vista or Windows 7..

post-97-1268748668.jpg

cd

Thank you both sknis and cdanteek for your responses. I decided to use both of your suggestions and things worked out very well for me.

I should have mentioned before that I have a 78-gig hard drive, of which there was only 5.5 gigs of free space left. I downloaded the CCleaner software program and then let it run. That really only gave me another 1 gig of free space.

Then I opened up the Temp Folder and deleted every file with a .tmp suffix. I was reluctant to do that before as I didn't want to delete anything valuable. But there were several Temp sub-folders with over 700,000 kb in them! This must be were all of the Sonic temp files ended up over the last 2 years.

Anyway, after I deleted all of these temp files and folders, I discovered I now have 46 gigs of free space. I was stunned!

So, thanks again to you both for helping me out. You saved me a lot of time, aggravation and money. Plus I now have new software that will help me clean out my computer's files on a regular basis.