• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Song Order In Mp3 Audio Disk

jimmol

Question

1 answer to this question

Could anyone please tell me if you can arrange the songs in the order you want when making an MP3 Audio disk? In Toast 6 they always are arrange alphabetical.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the tracks are in alphabetical order by file name. This also means that a track file name that starts with 01 precedes 02. The 01 and 02 (if present) don't show in the track name you see in the Toast window, but they are on the file name in the Finder.

What I do is click New Folder to place each playlist of MP3s. The tracks within the folder will be written in alphabetical order so they still may not be what you want, but at least it's close.

To force all the tracks to be in a certain order you can select the playlist in iTunes, click the first track and choose Get Info. In the Info window you can enter or change the track number so all the tracks in that playlist are sequentially numbered. Unfortunately this changes the original track number that was assigned when you ripped the tracks from an audio CD.

There might be easier ways to do this or scripts to automate it. But this is one way it can be done.

Archived