• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
3RDegree

Audio & video doesn't match on my burned Blu-ray

Question

Can someone help me? I made a Blu-ray and all the video and audio look and sound fine, they just don't match. Audio precedes Video by a few milliseconds/frames. The original Quicktime (Pro Res HQ) are fine and the DVD I made in iDVD is fine. Any remedy? Thoughts?

2 answers to this question

Can someone help me? I made a Blu-ray and all the video and audio look and sound fine, they just don't match. Audio precedes Video by a few milliseconds/frames. The original Quicktime (Pro Res HQ) are fine and the DVD I made in iDVD is fine. Any remedy? Thoughts?

Did you ever find a fix - I am having the same problem?

I'm suffering this audio synch problem also, but to a much worse degree. The offset is as much as 5-7 seconds (!!) by the end of the ~25 minute movie. (I'm not sure the audio/video gap changes during the movie, but I noticed it more by the end of the movie. Could've just been the content.) Audio leads video.

Should I test another player before looking to Toast for a solution?

Here are some details of my workflow: The content is 100% video footage from my HD camcorder (Canon Vixia HV30), imported into iMovie 09, sliced and diced with minimal fanciness, and exported to the iMovie Media Browser as a 720p movie (my plasma TV is only capable of 720p, so that's OK). I did overlay some music into the audio track.

FWIW, I'm using a dual G5 Mac. This non-Intel machine has some limitations in iMovie; attempting to slow down a video clip will cause exports without ANY audio. :angry: But I got past that eventually, by removing any such speed changes.

The 720p movie from iMovie (which plays fine and in synch on the Mac) was then drag-and dropped into the Toast (10.0.5 build 552) window. I chose the Green menu style, best quality encoding, and 17 hours later I had a DVD with a Blu-ray movie on it! It played fine in my Sony BDP-S350 player, except for the massive audio/video mismatch noted above. I've checked the thumbnail preview within Toast, and the sound is in good synch with the video.

Edited by WayneH