• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

barryware

2010 service pack(s)

Question

I just purchased (download) creator 2010. In preparation of installation on a fresh win7 setup I came here to check out what problems I may run into with the install.

I see that there are service packs available.

Do I need these? Because I just purchased and downloaded the software yesterday would the service packs be included or built into the downloaded files? A cd/dvd that was manufactured weeks / months ago would probably need the service packs.

I realize I could install and see but I would like to be prepared and have everything I need so I can start and finish the install in one session.

2 answers to this question

There are a few bugs and issues SP2 addresses and yes, I would update. It's easy to tell if you already have the update but I doubt you do. If you install it and you don't need it, the update will tell you so.

What Creator 2010 Service Pack 2 does:

• Resolves issue with Video Copy and Convert crashing when closing Option window.
  • Audio can now be muted during audio capture when capturing from built-in webcam on laptops.
  • Resolves Music Disc Creator crashing if adjusting beats to tracks while in Beat Matching mode.
  • Resolves ghosting of images in Slideshows when Creator is set to Hardware Rendering.
  • 16:9 files from Canon cameras will now maintain their original aspect ratio when choosing Same as original when exporting in Video Editing-Advanced (VideoWave).
  • ATI Stream encoding now supported in Windows 7.
  • HD photo files can now be converted to video when Creator is set to Software Rendering and no longer black on Preview.
  • Resolves issue of Creator crashing when cancelling during the burn process.
  • Resolves script errors when using the Update Manager.

Just an FYI.. The downloaded install file does not have sp2 slipstreamed into it.

After I installed and registered the software, it updated itself to sp2.

I'm not complaining.. Just saying incase someone else may have the same question.